Anyone Have A Ole Hickory CTO-DW

SigSauerNY

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Making a purchase today and looking for some feedback from anyone with first hand experience, seems to cover all the things I need so I am not worried, just a personal review would be great.

thanks.

Your a lucky man. :mrgreen:

Cooked on one in Murphysboro. Awesome pit. Only cooked a hog and 2 shoulders so not a ton of experience on it but the hog scored a third!

I tried finding out about it. Even Facebook a few people that had one but never got a response from any of them. Love to hear what you think when you get it.

I tried finding out about it. Even Facebook a few people that had one but never got a response from any of them. Love to hear what you think when you get it.

from what I've heard its great, size is perfect, might order a second immediately, well see.

should be cooking within two weeks, finalized payment monday.

Got delayed to next week, still waiting on final carpentry before it's fired up. Almost there.

It is a great unit. Operation BBQ Relief has used one several times and it cooks great. I believe it has the same capacity of a SSM but takes up less room and with the convection fans it cooks quite evenly!

There's a bunch of benefits to it. I'm looking for some help with learning time and temp in brisket / beef ribs / chickens, as I'm used to a stick burner. I'm gonna be feeding wood but overnight need to learn timing to set the cook and hold feature

Was wondering how things were going with the smoker, thinking about getting one and I wondering how difficult it was to work with and maintain/clean, plus what your thoughts are on the construction quality. If you have pictures would love to see the setup and results. Also did you purchase direct? Thanks in advance.

just looked at there web site ,that is some piece of machinery. I like your screen name.good luck with the snow

Gents,

anyone know the capacity of the DW for brisket ? I assume its double of the single width which would be 24 (12lbs) briskets ? Can anyone confirm and ballpark price. I left a message for Luke a few weeks back but not a peep from OH, they must be busy !

Looking forward to pulling the trigger on one of these myself this week. I've talked to a lot of owners in the past 2 months, EVERYONE is very happy with the unit.

Back