• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

***March Special*** "Happy Meal!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) Lasts All Month!

I'll take two slices of beef brisket, Tangy Macaroni Salad, Smoky pit beans, Sweet and spicy pickles, pickled red onion, and a King's Hawaiian Bun over two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun any day of the week.

Photo below is my entry.

Attachments

• 20170319_175253.jpg
    20170319_175253.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 406
Tender and Juicy Pork Tenderloin makes me happy. Please use the following as my entry into this Happy Meal TD:

0EA2C547-92A8-4EF2-91DF-76B64846242C_zpsqly4eo2e.jpg

Full cook HERE.

Roasted poblano pepper stuffed with.....

I am a sucker for good Mexican food. This dish makes me happy because it's bursting with flavor. I used to work with a bunch of Mexicans when I first broke into the industry. This was one of the dishes they always talked about from home......only with a spin.

It is a roasted poblano pepper stuffed with seasoned smoked turkey, rice, and roasted corn. It is dusted with Cotija cheese and sits on a bed of more of what's inside and a spicy and creamy ranchero sauce.

Attachments

• IMG_20170319_151433.jpg
    IMG_20170319_151433.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 384
Birthday dinner early

Over the weekend we celebrated my birthday a little early. What not a better way to celebrate than cooking up the tomahawk steaks that I won at a bbq competition 3 weeks ago? Please use the first photo as the entry. They alone were a meal..man they were big. Ha! If that's not allowed, then use the second one.

Items on the plate are: Char grilled tomahawk ribeye topped with chimmichurri sauce. Served with roasted tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and roasted peppers, grilled asparagus, 4 cheese mashed potatoes, and crusty bread. Not a fancy plate up, just great food.

Attachments

• IMG_20170319_205940.jpg
    IMG_20170319_205940.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 384
  • 20170318_164514.jpg
    20170318_164514.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_20170318_175955.jpg
    IMG_20170318_175955.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 153
So I was considering what food makes me happy. Pizza is my fav food in the world. So i made lobster, spinach, peppers, mushroom ,Gorgonzola and goat cheese pizza. It was pretty dang good. I added a strawberry avocado, walnut salad and dark chocolate dipped strawberries. True fact: strawberries, walnuts, dark chocolate, avocados and shell fish are happy foods that when eaten create chemical reactions in your brain that infuse dopamine and serotonin into your brain giving you a happy feeling.

please accept this as my official entry:

If you wanna see more:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=244332

Last edited:
Tex, is this an entry?

Guys, please take a gander at our rules for the throwdowns -

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135049

Please let me know that what your posting is an entry, or I will assume you're just showing us a pretty picture. Also, always specify which picture you wish to enter if you are posting multiple pictures.

This is my entry for the Happy Meal throwdown.
I had two whole chickens to cook and decided to rotisserie them over a mulberry wood fire.
mulberry%20chicken_zpsvcykc5tu.jpg

White meat for my wife, dark meat for me, two carcasses for stock, and plenty of scraps and skin for the dogs. Happy, Happy.
Please use this photo.
Mulberry%20chicken2_zpskavsj19l.jpg

Jalapeno's stuffed with Cream cheese & Cheddar cheese wrapped in bacon makes me happy! When I cook these it makes me happy watching friend/family as they devour them! Best thing I ever cook on the smoker to most of them.

Edit: Sorry if this doesn't count. Might need a judge for this one. I guess its not Technically a meal.... Darn it!

IMG_0257_zpsb17yzzgy.jpg

Last edited:
So I had a major challenge with the fatty beef ribs and chuck roast that was supplied to me by the one I love. I put in a little more effort on this cook...

Beef ribs, sliced smoked chuckie, smoked BBQ beans, cheesy baked tater and home baked sourdough. I was happy the cook went well and I was happy how it turned out.

Thread to the cook here:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=244633

Please use this pic as my entry:

Attachments

• IMG_20170402_181801041[1].jpg
    IMG_20170402_181801041[1].jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 285
Lots of GREAT looking meals here. The voters are going to have a tough decision.

Back