Rotisserie Raspberry Jam Rib tips?

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Had some tips to use up so as promised I used only salt, roti cooked over oak & maple then melted some raspberry jam and mopped the tips as spun. Cooked pretty hot, only on for a half hour or so, tender juicy and a little smoke ring.

Very simple yet tasty! I also grilled up some kale chips but I guess some aren't into kale? LOL

...and sliced up

Looking damn good Keith :hungry:

Don't forget when you're here to remind me to give you some homemade raspberry jam to try next time

Tips look great, but I don't mind Kale either. Ever had the butternut squash Kale Salad from Catablu? I recreated it, and make it often for company.

Tips get tender in that short time? They look juicy as can be.

Tips look great, but I don't mind Kale either. Ever had the butternut squash Kale Salad from Catablu? I recreated it, and make it often for company.

Thanks Tony! Yes they get tender quick this way... 30-40 minutes, full racks of spares aren't taking me much longer.

When I start seeing the tiny bubbles coming out I know the fat's rendered and I'll sauce at that point.

im so glad you used jam in this cook! its my fav thing to do now!
Me too, I can see incorporating it in other things like you do shoulders.

Wow. Looks awesome Keith.
Thanks Adam, appreciate it.

I'd sure be interested in that kind of salad for sure!

The Maple syrup is an awesome way to finish ribs Brother.
Dave I've put your syrup in glazes but not just finish with maple syrup and that sounds good.

Looks delicious! Finishing with the raspberry jam (or the maple syrup) is a fantastic idea!
Ya know it's just nice to mix up things from the norm. This time I wanted simple and finish with a hint of sweet.

Wow! You're winning me over with the high temp cooks. I love the crispy char that a closer flame gives meat. Now I just need to decide on what smoker/grill is best suited for your style of cooking.

Not to hijack your excellent topic here, but, I was thinking of smoking a rack of spares at 250F for 2 hours, then finishing them off on a grill with direct flame. It seems I would get both smokiness and char. What do you think?

Thanks Tony! Yes they get tender quick this way... 30-40 minutes, full racks of spares aren't taking me much longer.

When I start seeing the tiny bubbles coming out I know the fat's rendered and I'll sauce at that point.

Tender quick! What! you use that! :shocked::shocked:

I bought some raspberry jalapeño jelly to finish ribs with. Haven't done it yet though.

Tender quick! What! you use that! :shocked::shocked:

I bought some raspberry jalapeño jelly to finish ribs with. Haven't done it yet though.
You should, finish in your grill If you hang them..think you'll like the result. TQ....uh NO! LOL

Wow! You're winning me over with the high temp cooks. I love the crispy char that a closer flame gives meat. Now I just need to decide on what smoker/grill is best suited for your style of cooking.

Not to hijack your excellent topic here, but, I was thinking of smoking a rack of spares at 250F for 2 hours, then finishing them off on a grill with direct flame. It seems I would get both smokiness and char. What do you think?
Sure I don't see why not, just cook them halfway tender first. The distance in this drum cooker is perfect to not burn, the heat can be 400-600 and it won't burn, especially rotating.

Last edited:

I've done a Maple syrup and jalapeno glaze and you're going to love the sweet heat a finish like you're going to use produces

Oh yah, I'm a fan of kale chips, keep a row in the garden.
The tips look really good!
Thanks for the idea of using jam, I gotta try that.

Oh yah, I'm a fan of kale chips, keep a row in the garden.
The tips look really good!
Thanks for the idea of using jam, I gotta try that.

I need to eat more kale, very healthy super food. Thank jbounds for the jam idea and I forgot who mentioned for salt only. It sure is a nice change even though sometimes i'll use the fancy rubs.

Back