Brining tenderloin.

Huh? What?

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Does anyone here ever brine beef tenderloin before cooking it? I've smoked whole beef tenderloin before, but always seasoned the outside. I'm considering brining the tenderloin I am doing for Labor Day.

What do you think?

You can brine just about anything, in most cases brining is very beneficial. Just be sure to adjust your seasonings later for salt content.:thumb:
Usually I do a "dry" brine with beef cuts by simply sprinkling some kosher salt on a few hours before I cook, I then seal the meat in a zip lock or a container of some kind. The moisture in the meat is first forced out by the salt but then gets sucked back in along with the salt as it seals the meat on the exterior. The result is a tastier piece of meat with good salt penetration as well as better moisture retention.:wink:
Which ever method you choose you should get good results, with that said though the dry brine is quicker and easier IMO!:-D
Here's a little article from amazingribs.com on dry brining...
http://amazingribs.com/recipes/rubs_pastes_marinades_and_brines/dry_brining.html

The dry brine method is great if you like the extra salt flavor. I do, the gf doesn't so I cheat it and used alderwood smoke sea salt. The smoke flavor hits harder than the salt

Back