Old Country Pecos Smoker

Just ol Pop

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Just got my smoker seasoned,added 4 tuning plates.I was thinking about adding 2 more thermo,one one each end of the cooking chamber at grate level. I need some direction on where to place them...:pray::biggrin1:

I would split the difference between the center and the edge of the doors. So if the door is a football field, the one it comes with is the 50 yard line, and you'd put yours on the 25 on each side.

I placed the temp. gauge even with grate to the right side of the handle on the cook chamber. (fire box side) Just left the plug in the factoy hole. I fooled around with tuning plates for one cook and decided I liked the way it ran without them. I might revisit it, but at this point I have no plans to persue those mods. You can see my gauge placement in my photo album "cookers". Congrats on the new smoker. It's the best bang for the buck, way better than brinkman, chargrill, charbroil, and new braunsfels. :thumb: oh,.. my gauge is bigger than the tradional size,.. academy had it at the same price as the reg size one's, so I figured,.. why not... lol,.. I can see that booger from the porch !

Back