What's your number one bbq / grilling no no?

cameraman

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
My number one no no is grilling boneless skinless chicken breasts or pork chops without brining them first. This is a sure fire way to get chewy, dried out meat. What's your major no no.

I never put the chicken over the fire for the grill marks until they are just about perfect for coming off the grill.

My number one no no is grilling boneless skinless chicken breasts or pork chops without brining them first. This is a sure fire way to get chewy, dried out meat. What's your major no no.

I dont have that problem

you need to use the indirect method

I go with lighting the fire with a buzz on

One time I fell on my charcoal chimney when it was hot

that was not good LOL

Once it cooled off I was able to bend it back in shape. Luckily I was wearing long pants and not shorts

Not letting Redhot cook the boneless skinless chicken breasts for me.:biggrin1:

Twenty years ago propane could be gotten only through a distributor not at every grocery store. More than once right in the middle of cooking I ran out and these weren't operations open on a Sunday afternoon. Now I use lump and keep a stack of bags in the garage.

Twenty years ago propane could be gotten only through a distributor not at every grocery store. More than once right in the middle of cooking I ran out and these weren't operations open on a Sunday afternoon. Now I use lump and keep a stack of bags in the garage.

Not to be an a-hole but couldn't you have kept a back-up tank of propane just like you keep a stack of lump now so you dont run out? Just wondering

To Be, or NOT to be, that is the question.

Or was it???? :D

When making beer and bourbon chili in a cast iron dutch oven on a charcoal grill, ADD THE BOURBON LAST.

While the huge fire ball looks cool from a distance, it will scare the crap out of you when you are standing inches from the grill.

Just another thing in life I had to learn the hard way.

My number one "No-NO" is not having fun while you are grilling or smoking. I would say the beer, but that is mainly a primary operational requirement.

Lube the grate. My chicken loves to stick to my grill it is so awesome in there.

Never brine either one, don't foil either. So I guess I never rely on on them.

Matchlight!

Also, I never soak wood chips/chunks. For the life of me, I cant figure out why just about everyone on TV insists on doing that?

Just because the BigSteelKeg is light, on rollers and is portable doesn't mean you should smoke a pork shoulder inside the house.
I won't ever do that again.
Why didn't one of you farkers mention that in the millions of threads?:mad::tsk:

Back