What to do with left over pulled pork

khs282

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I dont know if there will be left overs or not, but if there are, I was wondering what some people do with it. I have heard of pulled pork pizza and pulled pork pie. Has anyone tried pulled pork nacho cheese? If so, please share your experience.

Vac seal it and save it for baked beans to serve with your next BBQ. Search for Keri's Hog Apple Baked Beans. Killer stuff.

Frito BBQ Pie, or BBQ Nachos whatever you want to call it.. Place Chips or Fritos on a plate.. then cover with hot pulled pork, and some of your rub on that, then lightly sauce, then add nacho cheese to finish it up.. Enjoy! thank me later

Trust me just do it!!

Barbecue Spaghetti
http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Barbecue-Spaghetti
INGREDIENTS
3 cups canned tomato sauce
½ cup cane syrup
1½ tbsp. apple cider vinegar
¾ tsp. ground allspice
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. cayenne
Pinch ground cloves
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup chopped pulled pork
1 lb. dried spaghetti

INSTRUCTIONS
1. In a 4-qt. saucepan, bring tomato sauce, syrup, vinegar, allspice, cinnamon, cayenne, cloves, and salt and pepper to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Add pulled pork; cook until heated through.

2. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add spaghetti; cook until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain and toss with the sauce.

empanadas, raviloi, dumplings, tacos, taquitos, burritos, sushi rolls, stuffed peppers, stuffed burgers, abt's, salads.... are all good uses of pulled pork.

Most of the time, I just vacuum seal it and reheat it as pulled pork just like before it hit the freezer. :-D

Here are a few things I have done with leftover pulled pork that isn't the "norm"

nco8HeH.jpg

Cook thread
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168319

I2bBKnz.jpg

Corn pancake w/ mac and cheese in it, then a mixture of mac and cheese and pulled pork over it, with some shack sauce/hotsauce over the top.

I have also done southwest eggrolls, and stuffed ravioli with it it.

last time i had leftovers...i reheated it and just ate it plain with my hands lol...it was so good

Well, here's a suggestion that's out of left field a bit. I ran across this not too long ago and it's very good. If you're a real pepper head, get the habs. If you like less heat, get japs. With either, cut off the top and core them of seeds and membrane. For the cheese, it's very good, crumble it as it does not melt.

The recipe calls for leftover pulled pork but I used pork tenderloin in the pics. Eitherway, it's very good.

A pictoral:

Stuff the banana in first, then the cheese, then the pork:

Grill to your liking and enjoy:

I vote for nachos. I mixed a little sauce with mine, scatter it on some scoop chips, then pour Velveeta white cheese queso dip on it, some pickled peppers on top :thumb:. I want to make tamales next time.

I wouldn't turn down none of the above though.

Pinto beans and scalloped potatoes are pretty good places to deposit leftover pulled pork.
Heck, I've even made a brown gravy with pork in it to serve over mashed potatoes or rice.

You are only limited by your imagination.

I make a lot of pizza with it, using salsa in place of sauce.

Back