Beef rib question

Trunks

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Was at RD today and pick up a 11 pack of beef ribs I an on smoking over the weekend. Just wondering if I have to freeze them is u use them Sunday? Trying to up load a pic well see if it works

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 123
Sorry for all the typos Phone is the worst.

What I meant to say was I plan on smoking them on Sunday along with 2 pork butts. Do I need to freeze them till then?

Thanks

There's no date on the package that I can discern. That's weird.
Beef keeps for a long time, I would call RD and see what those numbers mean -
227 U
257 PD.
I hate to freeze beef, if you get no definite answer from RD, be safe.
Those are back ribs, not the brontos or the big suckas you see.

I'll call then now and ask. So these aren't the typical beef rib? Are these any good or dude I grab wrong 1

Thanks again

They are beef back, not short ribs. Far less meat, but still great flavor.

They said 45 days. I'm using it this weekend so I'm all set. Although 45 days is a long time. I wouldn't let it go that long

The short rib racks looked great. Idk why I picked these! sh#t

Of the two cut ones, pork on left, beef back on the right :

April22BeefPorkRibs015.jpg

Short plate is big meat (also big price, usually) :

LateMayAsstd102.jpg

The ones you have taste great & if you're concerned about date, set 'em in an ice chest & throw a couple bags on top....that buys at least two days............

Seems like you are GTG, look at 1Buckies ribs, you will
have delicious ribs as well!
Probe tender!

I have smoked beef back ribs several times with different rubs. All were fantastic flavor. You will love them

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    207.5 KB · Views: 75
I have used Plowboys Bovine Bold on them and it was great. Also Butchers Texas style steak and brisket rub was very good. Bought one rack that was seasoned in the cryovac misc I don't remember. They were also fantastic. Seems beef ribs are just good to me. Bovine Bold is probably the most readily available at ACE hardware and other places. Butchers would be mail order probably. Kosher salt and pepper would be good too! I haven't found a bad way to do them. Cook till probe tender.

They'll be fine in the fridge til Sunday. Cook low and slow for a loooong time. Even tho they're beef, ribs will be too tough to chew if not cooked until tender.

I love beef back ribs, probably more than short ribs. Mostly because of the price. Just think of the way you do with crab legs, not alot of meat but worth the effort.

Back