Victorinox knife

wayne77

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Been reading a lot about these being a great bang for your buck knife so I ordered one off amazon to try out. Went to pick it up and almost cut myself!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 497
That's a bit concerning for the postal carrier!

BTW: these holders work well.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-47302-Cutlery-BladeSafe-6-Inch/dp/B0000CFBB6/ref=lp_13840871_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1408896056&sr=1-1"]Amazon.com: Victorinox 47302 Cutlery BladeSafe for 6-Inch to 8-Inch Knife Blades: Knife Storage Items: Kitchen & Dining@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31Nn0leVCoL.@@AMEPARAM@@31Nn0leVCoL[/ame]
I use them when traveling and for packing in my chuck box for Scout outings...they've held up well over several years. Recommended!

Bruce

I'm about to order their 12" rounded tip granton edge knife, and am really looking forward to it. This will be my first real "quality" knife.

I've had a Victorinox bread knife for a couple of years and it's still bloody sharp. They're great knives

I picked up a set on an after Christmas promo, man I love them! I'm going to get a victorinox cleaver soon.

I bought a 14 in Slicer, 8 in Filet, 10 in Chef, 4 in Utility for the American Legions kitchen 6 months ago and they are holding up well. The cooks really like the grips...plenty tacky. I purchased the 14 in Slicer and 8 in Utility for myself as well. Webstaurant Store has great prices!

Those pics need to be sent to the manufacturer's attention.
I too have a set of Victorinox and think they are great.
Best bang for the buck!

How did nobody take off a finger in all the handling?!
For the money there is NO better knife out there. And I'd put them up against knives costing 10 times as much. My next purchase will be one of their scimitar versions.

Those pics need to be sent to the manufacturer's attention.

^^^this^^^^ That is a very high liability issue, I'm sure they would want to know about. I can be eliminated so easily with a small plastic tip cover (much cheaper than a law suit)!

I'll trust you on the quality but an 8" knife is almost twice as much as the Victorinox. And you mention that I have to fix it before I can use it :wink:

I'm about to order their 12" rounded tip granton edge knife, and am really looking forward to it. This will be my first real "quality" knife.

Was wondering about that knife, if it was good for bread and such. My wife makes cakes occasionally that needs the layers cut.

I'll trust you on the quality but an 8" knife is almost twice as much as the Victorinox. And you mention that I have to fix it before I can use it :wink:

Apparently Victorinox knives are quite a bit more expensive here then :mrgreen:

I have never seen or used the Victorinox knives, But I HAVE used Henkel, Wusthof, and many others, and the absolute best that I have ever owned are Cutco. A bit expensive, but the best that I have ever used. With the bread knife, you can hold the end of the handle with finger and thumb and cut and angel food cake with a sawing motion.

I got this exact knife last spring and love it. It's perfect for slicing brisket, chuckies, and tri-tips.

Dexter Russel has $12 and $15
dollar knives that are awesome.
But hey, spend $135 on a knife, go ahead!

Back