Have you ever...

Stlsportster

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
called in sick, taken the day off last minute, skipped an appointment, blown off work....to spend the day smoking?

Saw this topic pop up in another thread and chuckled to myself...because I have done this and wondered how many of you have done so as well...

I 'wasn't feeling well' and suggested I 'work from home' (so I wouldn't get co-workers sick) so I could smoke a brisket I bought at Costco and couldn't wait until the weekend to get on the PBC....

So give it up.....Careful in your response if your boss or coworkers are on here and know who you are!!

Well It's nothing serious but the other day I called off my barber appointment to make jerky.

Now I can't see the guy til next week. I'll have to look like a hippie for a couple days LOL

I work 4-10's and rotate off days with another welder so I get 3 day weekends and one 4 day weekend a month so no reason for me to, but I can understand someone that does :wink:

For the past year I have been lucky enough to be able to work from home (I'm in sales). So I get to smoke WHILE I am working, no need to call in!

i must be weird...never called in sick in my life. but i do really love my job so it's not really like i am working. sounds like you guys are just way more dedicated to bbq than i am. :heh:

I work from home most days...

So from what's being said, I should have thin blue smoke wafting everyday???

I have only called off sick once and I was actually sick. Never been late. I do catch myself taking longer lunches though shopping for meat and going to BBQ stores when I'm out on the road

Taking off to bbq? No. But I've taken off for 'no good reason' before- some times you are just too well to go in.

So, I put meat on the smoker and then went to work sick as a dog. Does that count?

Back