Vlcsnap-2020-11-24-14h46m58s246.png

Recipe
1 cup of warm water, 105-110 degrees
1 pack of yeast
1/2 tbs of salt
1/4 cup of sugar, use 1 tbs of the sugar to activate the yeast
3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 egg

Mix and let rise, punch down the dough and shape into rolls. let rise again and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Brush with butter and serve.

Here a video if you're interested, don't skip the short intro!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSaFu085CC4&feature=youtu.be

Ohh man, being on the playground and smelling that bread from the cafeteria ... wow

I walk my pug at a local park that adjoins an elementary school, when we walk in the mornings can smell the aroma of the bread. Not only does it smell delicious, it takes me back.

You just made this the best year EVER!!!
My wife was curious as to what my excitement was about and I showed her the pics and recipe. I'll be doing these soon. Thanks!!!!!

Man if I made those my boys would flip. Maybe it's time to surprise them but good. Thanks for the post and recipie

Those look spectacular. I’m thinking a fried baloney slider with havarti cheese, stone ground mustard, pickles and onions.

Vlcsnap-2020-11-24-14h46m47s875.png

Vlcsnap-2020-11-24-14h46m58s246.png

Recipe
1 cup of warm water, 105-110 degrees
1 pack of yeast
1/2 tbs of salt
1/4 cup of sugar, use 1 tbs of the sugar to activate the yeast
3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 egg

Mix and let rise, punch down the dough and shape into rolls. let rise again and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Brush with butter and serve.

Here a video if you're interested, don't skip the short intro!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSaFu085CC4&feature=youtu.be

Definitely taps the old memory bank. Watched the video and noticed at the 1:06 mark that he adds 1/4 cup of shortening in the recipe but notice his posted recipe omits that ingredient. I'm not a bread maker by any stretch of the imagination, but would assume the shortening to be an important part of the recipe. Although, by your posted pictures looks like the rolls turned out OK.

To keep in the spirit of the holiday, I'd love to have a roll with either some leftover turkey or ham or both with some Miracle Whip (what I was raised on, sorry).

On edit: IT looks like you may have done a screen grab from the video.

Thanks,

Robert

Definitely taps the old memory bank. Watched the video and noticed at the 1:06 mark that he adds 1/4 cup of shortening in the recipe but notice his posted recipe omits that ingredient. I'm not a bread maker by any stretch of the imagination, but would assume the shortening to be an important part of the recipe. Although, by your posted pictures looks like the rolls turned out OK.

To keep in the spirit of the holiday, I'd love to have a roll with either some leftover turkey or ham or both with some Miracle Whip (what I was raised on, sorry).

Thanks,

Robert

Thanks for pointing that out!

It's a 1/4 cup of melted shortening.

Back