"C" Club WSM Restoration

Adubree86

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So I bought this WSM from Craigslist for $20 not knowing I was getting a 1981 first year production WSM with the C stamp on the vent. So tonight I took it all apart and cleaned it all up. Would like to find some replacement legs as the bottoms are nearly rusted through. The door cleaned up nicely and has a great patina. Overall I'm very happy with how it came out.

Last edited:
You did a heck of a job on that rig. Looks like it set out in the weather for a long time with the top vent open. Buff the inside legs and you should be good to go. It's a Farkin Weber after all.

You will not likely find replacement steel legs. You will not likely find the old style replacement aluminum legs.

Have you thought about contacting a welder to see if the steel legs can be repaired?

Nice job with the clean up. The door looks pretty darn good.

Edit: After looking again, that WSM is in pretty good shape. Is the lid handle crooked? Looks like it was welded on to the dome off center.

Huh.

You will not likely find replacement steel legs. You will not likely find the old style replacement aluminum legs.

Have you thought about contacting a welder to see if the steel legs can be repaired?

Nice job with the clean up. The door looks pretty darn good.

Edit: After looking again, that WSM is in pretty good shape. Is the lid handle crooked? Looks like it was welded on to the dome off center.

Huh.

It is slightly off center. Not bent. Just installed off center.

That looks amazing. Time to burn it out and start cooking. That handle is really cool looking, nicer than what is on mine from a few years ago.

Steve

Back