Maiden Voyage party cook on my 120gal build!!

Badgoat

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Welp, alot of people here followed this thread closely

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=229471

But tomorrow is my big day with it. I did a couple little test cooks/seasoning cooks on it. But tomorrow I will be throwing a department BBQ bash celebrating my build. I will be doing my own courses for everyone to eat and then encouraged everyone in my department to "BYOB- Bring Your Own BBQ" Which I will cook for them and they can take it home. I had no idea they would all be so excited for that and they brought a ton of meat for me to cook for them, lol. (I am providing 1 packer brisket, 1 Pork Butt, 1 Chicken, 2 racks of spare ribs)

So I will be cooking the following:

1- 15lb packer brisket
1- 17lb packer brisket
3- Brisket flats
4- 10lb pork butts
3- Racks of St Louis cut ribs
2- Racks of Spare cut ribs
1- Whole chicken
Pan of Keri's Hog apple beans
Potato Salad
Slaw

I'm pretty excited and am gonna try and have the pit fired up around 0100 and the food on by 0200 with a eat time at 1500. I'm sitting here now thinking I need to take a nap but am too excited, lol. Oh well I guess.

I will make sure to take pics of the cook and let ya know how it all goes.

Cheers,

Dale

Wow! You are going in with both feet... Blessings on you brother and good luck... Oh and have a great time, time for sleep later.

Well, got up at 0000hrs, got everything out, rubbed down and on the pit. So, note to self, I need to get around to making my removable shelf for my smoker. I definitely have way too much food for it as is. I think with a second shelf I would be able to fit it all. Guess I'll have to fire up the 22" WSM for the ribs (oh darn...lol). But otherwise all the butts and briskets will fit.

Here are some pics of my little sidekick, she waited up all night to help me. I've had the food on since 0300hrs and everything is coming along nicely.

It looks like you guys are off to a great start!
Your daughter must really be stoked about this bbq stuff, to get up this early, to help. Good for her!

Looking good! So cool to have your daughter helping you out! I try and get my younger boys to help me out all the time, but they get bored. Haha

Keep the next splits going in on top of your FB so they get pre-heated! :)

Amazing job on that smoker, Badgoat! Must be very rewarding to produce such fantastic looking BBQ on it. Thanks for sharing the pics.
Looks like you have a fantastic sidekick as well! Good stuff...

Thanks brethren! I can't remember the last time I've been sooooo dang tired, but so happy and proud at the same time. Smoker is running beautifully. I'm getting much better at understanding it, being selective in which log split I choose next and how much heat it will gain me. Understanding my dampers and how to control the combustion for smoke. To seeing my drain system working like a boss. It's almost like a game of chess. And then just the task of managing this cook and the timeline for everything. I can't really say there have been any surprises. My kids kept me company in the wee hours of the morning. Even the little one came and cuddled up to me on the couch in my little 30min cat naps between logs. Wife has really been helping with all of the sides, decorating/sprucing up. All in all...making memories!

Pics to follow as the day progresses!

I can only imagine the smells wafting over the neighborhood...

It's been thoroughly enjoyable to follow along in your adventure.

Thanks for sharing, and please keep the pRoN and stories coming!

That right there is Bad to the Bone! I missed your build thread when you first put it out. To see what you did with that rig is Fantastic on your finish pic's.

The meat looks done to Perfection also.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

That's how it's done! Then comes the meat coma.

Back