Franklin Bbq brisket take 2

Kaptain Kadian

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I recently posted a thread about trying to recreate the brisket from Franklin Bbq and I came real close. The taste was spot on, but the texture wasn't quite right. Today is take 2. I got a 13 lbs prime packer rubbed down with salt and pepper and in the smoker since 6:30. I thought my lsg vertical cabinet looked too empty with just 1 brisket in it, so I got 4 racks of St Louis cut ribs going on later. I am still trying out a blues hog glaze on them. More pics to come.

Attachments

• 20160819_061935.jpg
    20160819_061935.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 787
While watching the smoke look back how many years ago this knowledge was available to us via Bludawg's KISS method.

And I don't need to, but you are making me want to cook a brisket.

Looks great!!

Can't wait to see some results. Nice looking brisket in the uncooked state.

Yes, I work for Sams. They may have to order them, but they will and it comes in stock in 2 days. I paid around $2.80 per lbs for the case.

brisket is coming along nicely. if it is just salt and pepper you left out 2 ingredients.:wink:

What temp are you running at?

Aaron is confusing when he tells people about temperature and I'm pretty sure it's intentionally because he doesn't want to give it out.

The instructional brisket video he does on Youtube tells you 250-275 BUT....

when you watch the videos of his pits he says that he aims for the thermometer closest to the firebox to be @300-325F and the thermometer closest to the stack at 275-300F

So in other words, the man cooks definitely on the hot side of things but I can imagine that's only natural when you feed that many people.

LOOKS GREAT!!!

As long as their distribution center carries them, they can order them. Ask to talk to the meat department manager.

How would we find out where their distribution center is, Kap??

Well, if I would have read the whole thing...:doh:

I also order primes from SAMs. Great price for great meat.

Kap'n, what temp are you running? Looking great. I think I will bust my LSG out this weekend and cook a turkey, a ham and maybe some ribs. Love having the capacity to cook for a weeks worth of meals, and the girls love when I cook and slice their lunch meat. Cheaper on me too.

$5 a pound for choice FLATS ONLY at my sams. Michigan sucks for brisket. Cook looks great. interested to hear about your process and temps

Back