• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The call

Congrats! Look forward to seeing pics. I've got a Shirley on order due May and waiting patiently.

The Shirley boys are just pumping them out! Awesome to hear of another great cooker on its way to making great food.

Congrats! But "all the goodies" doesn't help us envision the cooker. DETAILS!!!

congrats on surviving the wait!!! if I'm ever lucky enough to order a Shirley I 'm taking my truck loaded with wood and meat. I'd haul a$$ getting there and cook my way home. I know I could never make it home without firing her up. they are super cool pits again congrats!!!

Congratulations, what a fun call!! I got my call a couple weeks ago. Just 2 weeks from now I'll be on my way to pick up my cooker!

Now... when you say "all" the options... I'd be willing to wager you didn't get ALL of them!! Even I didn't get "all" of them! (though I got more than anyone I have ever seen)

This calls for cooker show down. Show us your cooker and we will judge them. Oh I foregot they are Shirley's and they will all be great. BUT we will still look and dream of the day we can get one. IMO

OK a few details are warranted :
24x65 cabinet style with straight back
Charcoal tray in main cooker with 3 shelves
Hip roof on the warmer
Insulated fire box
Searing rack in the fire box
Ash tray in the fire box
Stainless shelf full length of cooker
Utensil drawer under Stainless shelf
2 burners flush mount to the stainless shelf with wind shields
Tool box mounted on front of trailer

This should give a good visual if you have ever watch the Shirley videos. A few more options but I want reveal them yet, will keep you guessing as to what in the world else would you do to this cooker trailer.

Thanks for sharing my excitement, it has been a long wait, it is now soon to be a reality.
Take care
Barry

What do you think of this roof system.

This is the roof I have asked Tyler for. Pros and cons appreciated, the Shirleys start my build this week

Disadvantage is weight. I can think of tons of advantages to that roof system.

Damn, these Shirley guys are kicking it. I'm jealous of all you guys. Those things sound like the cats ass. Good for them, and good for you guys! :thumb:

Roof system looks cool -- very functional and would beat the heck out of a pop-up. Only concern I would have is whether the roof catches too much air while traveling. I'm assuming the sides drop down but even with the straight through path for the air to flow front to back I wonder a bit about getting some lift

Great set of specs on the trailer btw and congrats on having survived the wait (most of it anyway)

I live not to far from the owner of this nice trailer cooker. I stopped one day a complete stranger and he showed me his smoker. He also invited me to fire it up and cook a batch of ribs a couple weeks later. After many questions I knew I wanted a roof on my cooker if I was to ever to have one of my own. One of those questions was how did it pull with the roof. A non issue he said. The two sides fold straight down. So here I am pinching myself making sure that I am not dreaming.

I would also be concerned about lift. Maybe they could make the front of the roof lower to help.

Not planning on doing a lot of traveling, biggest travel days will be the trip from TuscaloosaQ's to home. If it survives that I should be good to go. I am hoping it works as we all have all been caught when mother nature was not cooperating. The only thing I can thing I can think of that might effect the cooker is the exhaust might need to be a little taller. Wonder if that might effect the air flow in the cooker.

Back