Assassin Grill

Gus350

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Well today I pulled the trigger and ordered a 4ft Assassin grill with a red door to match my Alma Mater Arkansas State. I added the bottom shelf, a guru adapter as well a V shield to replace the water pan if needed.

Now the wait begins I think we should have it in 2-3 weeks. I really think this will be what I'm looking for in cooking ribs and chicken.
Kevin

:clap2: except for the Red. Burnt Orange would've been Perfect.

As far as charcoal grills those grills are my favorite. Congrats, I'm sure you'll love it!

Seriously considered this, however i am going to go with a humphreys pint sometime in March instead. I want one of each, but i want to stay married more.

Seriously considered this, however i am going to go with a humphreys pint sometime in March instead. I want one of each, but i want to stay married more.

I want this and a battle box So I started with this one this year and now start saving for the BB.

Kevin

I want this and a battle box So I started with this one this year and now start saving for the BB.

Kevin

Ha...i am going at it from the other end, getting the pint, then trying to talk the better half into the Assassin next year. Let us know how you like it on long cooks (my only real hold up on this) and have fun...fine cooker there congrats.

Ignore smitty, red is awesome on a cooker.:clap2:

I'm hoping later in the spring I'll be able to swing ordering an Assassin Grill. Adding an addition to the house, renovating the kitchen and the master bathroom come 1st. I'd like a Humphrey's as well but the additional cost plus shipping unfortunately won't get approved by the significant other right now. Hopefully one day I'll be able to order a Battle Box.

Looking forward to seeing your new grill in action when you get it.

The assassin grills looks nice for the price. From what I've seen there's not alot of them out there yet. I'm looking forward to seeing some cooks.

The assassin grills looks nice for the price. From what I've seen there's not alot of them out there yet. I'm looking forward to seeing some cooks.

Well get ready cause I'm about to exposes this bad if it will cook you will know I'm planning and ribs fatties butts chicken brisket. You name it I'm gunna cook it lol

Well get ready cause I'm about to exposes this bad if it will cook you will know I'm planning and ribs fatties butts chicken brisket. You name it I'm gunna cook it lol
Please do I need something to push me over the edge :wink:

Awesomeness. Kind of on the cusp of getting one of these also, really curious to see how it behaves as a smoker, long and short cooks. If it performs as good as it looks, it is road trip time

:wink:
Awesomeness. Kind of on the cusp of getting one of these also, really curious to see how it behaves as a smoker, long and short cooks. If it performs as good as it looks, it is road trip time
Start driving! I have had mine since November and absolutely love it! I have smoked chicken, smoked ribs, grilled chicken, burgers and recently cooked a whole hog. It is awesome!

:wink:
Start driving! I have had mine since November and absolutely love it! I have smoked chicken, smoked ribs, grilled chicken, burgers and recently cooked a whole hog. It is awesome!
On your longer cooks how are you placing your charcoal/wood to maintain consistent temps throughout the grates and when opening the door do you experience any spike in temps?

On your longer cooks how are you placing your charcoal/wood to maintain consistent temps throughout the grates and when opening the door do you experience any spike in temps?
I setup a maze of charcoal. Since my model has split trays, I set them both up that way. After I light one end on each maze, I wait until the temp over shoots a little, then add the water pans. work like a charm:biggrin1: If you "like" my facebook page "Chef Phillip Dell" you can see a ton of photos. :tongue: I hope to eventually start a new thread and have them all here, I just haven't had the time.

Just got off the phone with Robin my grill is done and being shipped today. We might have some ribs this weekend. :clap2::clap::clap2:

I setup a maze of charcoal. Since my model has split trays, I set them both up that way. After I light one end on each maze, I wait until the temp over shoots a little, then add the water pans. work like a charm:biggrin1: If you "like" my facebook page "Chef Phillip Dell" you can see a ton of photos. :tongue: I hope to eventually start a new thread and have them all here, I just haven't had the time.

Do you use lump charcoal or regular charcoal.

Just got off the phone with Robin my grill is done and being shipped today. We might have some ribs this weekend. :clap2::clap::clap2:
That was a short 2-3 weeks. Congratulations!

Back