Dana Point with Jumbo Joe

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
On Saturday we drove up to Dana Point. Dana Point holds a special place in our hearts and memories as our parents would take us to there when we were young children. (Way before there was a marina there) After all the prepping and cooking of the fish on Friday I wanted something much simpler to cook for this picnic, so I’d have more time to visit. So I broke out packages of the Pulled Pork, Kings Hawaiian rolls and some Peach Bourbon Baked Beans from our last Saturday cook to thaw. (Link: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199495) I also packed up my new Jumbo Joe that I purchased for just such an occasion. (Sweet little portable cooker)

When we arrived we were able to find an open picnic site. I setup the Jumbo Joe and put the Pulled Pork and Peach Bourbon Baked Beans in some pots to reheat.

Our site was along the water. Nice! :-D We had a constant parade of kayaks, paddle boarders, motor and sail boats to watch as we visited.

I started some charcoal briquettes in a chimney and prepped the Jumbo Joe to start.

Once the briquettes were going I pour them into one of the Weber charcoal baskets and started cooking.

I was cooking and visiting I didn’t get a lot of pictures of the family except this one of my Niece and her boyfriend.

As we were wrapping things up and about to say our goodbyes we spotted this kayaker with his dogs in tow.

How cool is that!

We said our goodbyes and my brother and sister in-law went with my other brother to stay at his house. They were flying out of John Wayne in the morning and he lives much closer to that airport. It had been a wonderful week of visiting, exploring, fishing, barbequing and eating delicious food and it had unfortunately come to an end.

Thank you all for bearing with me and reading these vacations posts.

Awesome but next time feel free to drop off some of that tuna & Mahi Mahi since I live one city over :wink:

Back