BBQ for 1000 Veterans (Northport, NY)

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
BBQ'ing for Veterans​

On Aug. 20th the BBQ Brethren will be cooking for roughly 1000 veterans at the VA facility in Northport, Long Island. If you'd like to join us, we'd love to have you. Please let us know.

This is the 5th year that we will be doing this. We are extremely lucky to be partnered with the Suffolk Police Veterans Association for this event. They are footing the bill for everything w/ the exclusion of what is listed below.

Concurrent to this cook we will also be cooking some side food that will be picked up by the volunteers from Services for the Underserved and delivered to at-risk and homeless veterans and their families. This is all volunteer based. If you'd like to bring down a turkey, chicken, ribs, pork loin, etc. to smoke for the cause, please let me know. Our baseline was to cook something for 15 families and we are already up to around 8 racks of ribs, 2 chickens and a pork loin.

Eric

The Brethren comes through again!

Wish I were closer.

You guys are the best and that's why I love this place!!:thumb::clap2:

If there's any way we can help from afar, please let us know.

I'm a vet. I'd be more than happy to come help any members that may need a hand.

As well as next year I'd be happy to bring down my shirley and be more of a part of it.

I'm a vet. I'd be more than happy to come help any members that may need a hand.

As well as next year I'd be happy to bring down my shirley and be more of a part of it.

Are you sure that isn’t too far to drive? If you can make it and would like to sling a spatula or tongs, we would love to have you. Are you on Facebook? Hit me up and I will add you to the event group.

Eric

Are you sure that isn’t too far to drive? If you can make it and would like to sling a spatula or tongs, we would love to have you. Are you on Facebook? Hit me up and I will add you to the event group.

Eric

Absolutely not. My soon to be fiance lives in new hyde park and im there a good bit. Shed probably be up for helping as well.

Count me in. I'll do whatever is needed. Yeah I'm on facebook. Cool sounds good.

Back