• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.
Cool. I'll wait till there is a CAD drawing. I actually have a friend that is a machinist that can help me out with that stuff.

Cool. I'll wait till there is a CAD drawing. I actually have a friend that is a machinist that can help me out with that stuff.
Good, hopefully soon on the drawings. It'll be good to have in the small but prestigious group of 007 users!

"Those that know the 007, no explanation's necessary. Those that don't, no explanation will suffice."

Good, hopefully soon on the drawings. It'll be good to have in the small but prestigious group of 007 users!

"Those that know the 007, no explanation's necessary. Those that don't, no explanation will suffice."

The nice thing is I really shouldn't need much. I have my UDS with Weber Kettle Lid, Weber Kettle Roti, and extra grates.

I'll probably have to do mod my UDS some, I'll probably add a few more intakes and just use flat magnets for airflow control. And then it is a matter of cutting the slit and hole for the roti, and adding the brackets and the pipe holders.

Definitely looking forward to the release of the drawings!

The nice thing is I really shouldn't need much. I have my UDS with Weber Kettle Lid, Weber Kettle Roti, and extra grates.

I'll probably have to do mod my UDS some, I'll probably add a few more intakes and just use flat magnets for airflow control. And then it is a matter of cutting the slit and hole for the roti, and adding the brackets and the pipe holders.

Definitely looking forward to the release of the drawings!
You might not have to add any air, My version 2.0 only had three 3/4" intakes (magnets to close off) and I only open all of them to light and then once I have flames going I usually cover two of them or sometimes all of them. Most of the air gets pulled from the top.

The biggest change from a normal UDS might mean making a bigger fire basket. I made mine from a kettles 22.5" charcoal grate which is 17", put 5" legs on it, and expanded metal around the outside about 6" high. Also put a cooking grate on the charcoal grate to make a criss-cross as to hold the coal base.

Last edited:
You might not have to add any air, My version 2.0 only had three 3/4" intakes (magnets to close off) and I only open all of them to light and then once I have flames going I usually cover two of them or sometimes all of them. Most of the air gets pulled from the top.

The biggest change from a normal UDS might mean making a bigger fire basket. I made mine from a kettles 22.5" charcoal grate which is 17", put 5" legs on it, and expanded metal around the outside about 6" high. Also put a cooking grate on the charcoal grate to make a criss-cross as to hold the coal base.

Nice!

My charcoal basket is plenty big. I made mine out of a 22.5's charcoal grate with the metal coming up almost 6inches. It can hold a 20lb bag of lump charcoal + wood chunks without any issue. I'll have to add some expanded metal on the bottom of it so the bigger chunks of wood don't fall through as easily. I used 4in carraige bolts and that probably would be good enough to keep the basket lifted, if not changing them out to 6in carriage bolts will be easy enough.

KEe2jqx.jpg

Nice!

My charcoal basket is plenty big. I made mine out of a 22.5's charcoal grate with the metal coming up almost 6inches. It can hold a 20lb bag of lump charcoal + wood chunks without any issue. I'll have to add some expanded metal on the bottom of it so the bigger chunks of wood don't fall through as easily. I used 4in carraige bolts and that probably would be good enough to keep the basket lifted, if not changing them out to 6in carriage bolts will be easy enough.

KEe2jqx.jpg

Yes Nice! It must just be the picture, it looked liked the sides were way higher than the diameter. If it's the 17" diameter charcoal grate and almost 6" tall on the expanded then yep that's perfect!

Even with as heavy as the griddle is the weight doesn't phase the quality of DW's heavy duty build.

Fried taters, bacon onions and cheese is hard to beat, and sweet Italian/ground beef burgers w/munster cheese was a treat as well.

I know a guy that got additions to his trailer made like that - one piece at a time! LOL

That table ROCKS. You can call it an "accessory" or "upgrade" when you go commercial with them.

That cheap barrel is getting quite fancy and expensive.

Back