How to glaze ribs??

rabeb25

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I see all these beautiful ribs, with the amazing glazes all the time and it just makes my mouth water. I usually serve my ribs dry, with sauce on the side. However, today.. I want to glaze up some ribs! I have 3 racks on the smoker right now, for some family lunch guests. Can you give me the breakdown?

Thanks
Bryan

About 30 minutes before you want to pull them from the smoker, sauce and season the bottom of the ribs and then flip them over and do the same to the top. Leave the ribs meat side up. They should look very nice.

That is how I normally do them. 30 minutes prior, basting brush brushing parallel to the rib bones. An additional glaze layer can be added 15 minutes in if wanted, but I normally stick with the single coat. Between the rub and glaze there is nothing else needed.

What he said ^^^^^ :-D

I will also do a second coat on the top fifteen minutes later is the glaze is thin.

I like to do a 2 part sauce to 1 part honey, some times a 1 to 1 ratio depending on what sauce I use. Like said, start about 30 minutes before you take them off to let the glaze set.

Tim

I have wondered the same thing. Normally cook dry ribs but the glazed ones look yummy. BBQ sauce and honey. Simple enough for me to give it a try

Assuming that you are cooking at 250, glaze the meat side of the ribs only, 45 minutes before done time. Then glaze again 20 minutes later. Make sure there is only a thin coat of sauce. Leave the ribs alone until done time (no peeking). Let them rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.

Well, I have to say...it worked great! Did the 1 part honey 2 parts bbq sauce. When I cook small amounts this is a for sure.

Pics to prove it happened:
DSC_3058.JPG

DSC_3062.JPG

The last surviving rack:
DSC_3063.JPG

Those do look great!
I am also planning on glazing my next set of ribs

Back