Doing a 5 day Event

Dadeo719

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
We are scheduled to do a 5 day Bluegrass Festival next summer and we are brainstorming new ideas. With it being a 5 day event and most attendees will be campers that are staying there, I am trying to think outside the box. So looking for advice from you guys. One idea we had is to order plastic stadium cups with our logo on them and sell Sweet Tea. I was thinking to sell these between $3-$5 and they could then get additional refills for free. I am thinking of getting 500 of these. They would cost a total $366 so around 73 cents apiece plus the tea, ice, and sugar. So say it's $5 I am looking at a gross of potential of $2500 and at $3 it would be $1500. Would I go through that much profit in free refills? Any other ideas or tips for multi day events would be greatly appreciated.

I would go with easy to eat items, stuff you can grab and eat quick . Pulled pork or shredded beef burritos?

Yep the plan for the food part is real simple. Pulled Pork which can be sandwiches, nachos, or tacos. Beans and chips. Then drinks. But just seeing if the cups were a good idea as far as profit making.

I would recommend not using plastic. Many of the festival goers are sensitive to the environment and avoid buying plastic. Here is a klean kanteen I bought at floydfest a few years back. It was sold and reused in the beer tents. Not sure how much $ they would be, but they are might be an option
View attachment 104491

Last edited:
I looked at those but couldn't find a low enough minimum order that i wanted. I was hoping that most people will be just drunk enough to not be going "GREEN"

Yeah Id say they did or had a large enough order to get them down to a reasonable price.

I would charge $1 for a refill. That would keep your cost for the tea from getting out of hand. Are you going to do any breakfast items? Breakfast burritos are easy to do and have a great profit margin. People like them because you can eat them on the go.

We will most likely do some sort of breakfast since we are already there and they do have a great profit margin. We have kicked around the $1 refill. The only thing I am hesitant on would be we would be selling cans of pop for a $1 so what is the incentive in buying the cup? Do you think 50c would cover the cost of ice and tea?

Back