How's our prices vs your area?

grill 'em all

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
With meat prices all over the place I'd love it if Y'all would tell me how our prices stack up against your neck of the woods..
ShowtimeMenu.png

Thanks,
Jay

I'll snap a pic of menu in the morning of the place I walk past everyday going to work. I haven't tried the place yet.

BBQ place nearest to me sells all his meats by the pound. Doesn't matter what meat its the same price. $16.99 per pound - he has a line out the door 80% of the time.

• Thanks
Reactions: DR
Your prices are about 30% lower than most around here, assuming reasonable meat portions. Out here, most everyone is now listing the weight of meat you are buying. Of course, I live in the San Francisco Bay Area.

$23 a pound for pulled pork! WOW!

Here the more expensive place is $14, and most are in the $12 a pound range.

Whitner's BBQ here in Va Beach.

He sells the meat by the pint and quart, not by the pound, so I have no idea if his prices are similar. He charges $17.99-18.49 for quarts of brisket, burnt ends, pulled chicken and pulled pork.

St Louis ribs: 10.99 for half; 20.99 for full slab (bulk, no sides)

http://www.whitnersbbq.com/Whitners Menu 13.pdf

places go with the pint and quart pricing system because in most counties selling by the pound requires a certified scale the people can see and a printable weight receipt.

At my place we sell by small, medium and large. Small being around a 1/3 of a lb, medium over a half, and large right around 3/4lb. our prices are 6, 11, 15 respectively. We also do sandwiches at 10 with a side. 11 with french fries or onion rings.

Looking at the first menu posted, $10.99/lb and $39.95 per whole boston butt. That's LOWWWWW. At least for what I pay for my meat. I'm a high volume purchaser and I still pay right around $2/lb for our boston butts. Just in food cost's i'm at $4/lb after cooking loss and I still haven't factored in cost of the cookers, labor, rent, electricity, rub. I wish I could do it cheaper, but if I want a profitable restaurant and not a total loss, I had to price accordingly.

Back