amount of servings in a bag of chips?

ButtBurner

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Here's one I have not seen asked

I am doing a fundraiser tomorrow for work and have to enough potato chips for one serving for about 70 people.

Assuming a big bag of chips, any idea how many bags I need?

They will just be put out in big bowls. There will be other sides.

I know a lot depends on how much they take, just trying to get a estimate.

thanks

I did find a catering calculator here from SoEzzy (thanks its real handy!!) that calls for 2 oz per person. I can go with that figure unless you guys have other suggestions

Are the chips going to be set out before the meal? or are the chips going to be served with the meal? The younger the medium age of the group is --the more chips you will need. I would figure 4 oz per person if served before the meal and 2 ox if served with the meal.

its going to be with the meal, all adults. Its a work event.

I think 2 oz per is good

thanks

2 ounces will work fine, easiest way is to go with the weight of a small pack of chips. They measure them out that way for a reason.

thanks!

turns out that there was very little difference in the price of 2 oz bags compared to a 20 oz bag.

So I just bought a box of 50, if I run out I can go next door to the market and get a big bag.

Knowing these people, a lot of them wont take the chips anyway

And there will also be home made salsa and tortilla chips available

thanks!

turns out that there was very little difference in the price of 2 oz bags compared to a 20 oz bag.

So I just bought a box of 50, if I run out I can go next door to the market and get a big bag.

Knowing these people, a lot of them wont take the chips anyway

And there will also be home made salsa and tortilla chips available

Yeah, i was going to suggest going with individual bags.

Back