Blackstone 17" Table Top Griddle $49 (or less) @ many Walmarts (YMMV)

i was thinking that i might use this one more than my 28. it sure would be easier to store the smaller one inside. looks like this weekend is going to be a prime time to update the entire arsenal for some.

It looks like the closest Walmart to me has it for $49.

But, do I really need one?

i don't know what you are saying? was there a point in your comment somewhere?:confused:

Thanks for the heads up. Think I'll snag a couple. One to use and one for parts.

Wonder what the lowest price on these is gonna be..

anyone see lower last year when they put on clearance?

Just purchased two. The price reflected on the shelf in the garden center at Happymart indicated $74.00. I carried one to the counter just to verify the price. Rang up $49.00.
Snagged two and made a dash for the exit. Thanks for posting the link.

Thanks Demosthenes9.
Picked one up today. Unboxed it this evening. Was concerned that it might have been a cheaper build quality, made to match a Walmart pricing contract.
Everything however looks proper and it seems like a decent unit.
Hopefully tomorrow I can get the hardware to convert the fitting from the 1lb. regulator,
to enable running it off of a low pressure regulator on a 20lb. tank.
They may drop the price again below the $49 clearance price, and if they do, at a lower price point I may grab a second one.
Thanks again for the heads-up.

IMG_8982.JPG

IMG_8983.JPG

IMG_8987.JPG

IMG_8989.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Demosthenes9.
Picked one up today. Unboxed it this evening. Was concerned that it might have been a cheaper build quality, made to match a Walmart pricing contract.
Everything however looks proper and it seems like a decent unit.
Hopefully tomorrow I can get the hardware to convert the fitting from the 1lb. regulator,
to enable running it off of a low pressure regulator on a 20lb. tank.
They may drop the price again below the $49 clearance price, and if they do, at a lower price point I may grab a second one.
Thanks again for the heads-up.

You're welcome.

As far as lowest price, I see:

One store showing 2 in stock @ $20
(Walmart Supercenter #1680 15885 Sw 88Th St, Kendall FL 33196)

Two stores @ $25 showing Out of Stock
Three stores @ $35, also OOS
Six stores at $40, 2 of those showing some in stock.
(Walmart Supercenter #3250 7235 Market Place Dr Aurora OH 44202
Walmart #5996 1330 East Grand Avenue Escondido CA 92027)

These are great griddles. I have the 22" version and love it. I use it way more than I do my 36" Blackstone.

The website pic was a little confusing at first, I could not understand why they wouild put nuts and bolts sticking up on top. Then I saw homesmokes post and realized it was shown in its storage mod when not in use gees now it makes since. I did a search and see a store not to far from me has them for 49.00, so may just have to do a short road trip. to save on the gas I think it could be seasoned in your kitchen oven.

I am thinking of doing some Philly cheese steak sandwiches next week for some company, and I think this this would be great for that.:thumb:
Dave

The website pic was a little confusing at first, I could not understand why they wouild put nuts and bolts sticking up on top. Then I saw homesmokes post and realized it was shown in its storage mod when not in use gees now it makes since. I did a search and see a store not to far from me has them for 49.00, so may just have to do a short road trip. to save on the gas I think it could be seasoned in your kitchen oven.

I am thinking of doing some Philly cheese steak sandwiches next week for some company, and I think this this would be great for that.:thumb:
Dave

I would caution against using your kitchen oven. While it would indeed be possible to season in the kitchen oven, the amount of smoke, and the smell of the seasoning oil cooking off will in my opinion cause you to regret the decision. However if you have serious hood ventilation extraction, maybe!

Seasoning usually takes 3-4 cycles of oiling, and then heating to burn in the oil to the surface of the griddle. Cool, repeat.

Generates a lot of really funky smelling smoke. You possibly would have it lingering long enough for the guests next week to notice.

Or try it, and then you can educate someone else down the road:biggrin1:
No need to ask me how I know this. After 45 years of seasoning and re-seasoning a fairly large collection of cast iron that we cook with, only once in the house!!

Last edited:
Don't think it would be a problem, I do my 17 inch stove top griddle and all my other cast iron skillets in the oven, and have never experienced any problems in doing so. I also saw a statement the it is not cast iron but is cold roll steel, can you tell if it is cast iron or steel?
Dave

Just scored King Kooker Model# 22PKPT 9qt fryer, stand and propane regulator for $13.00

And... a King Cooker 50 quart aluminum ridge pot with steamer basket, propane burner and regulator for $13.00

As I was entering Happymart garden center, a woman had three of the King Kooker fryers in a shopping basket with a grin
from ear to ear. Thats what I get for sleeping in late. Early bird does get the worm.

As the Crazy Russian Hacker would say... BOOM!

You may be burning off the coating the manufacturer put on it the first time it is seasoned, especially if it is steel, but after that you are just opening the pours in the metal so the oil can fill them and create a slicker surface, and help retard rusting. So yes maybe the first time it will smoke and stink, I don't have any experience with seasoning new metal,or cast iron or cold roll steal. Have seasoned a bunch of smokers but that is apples to oranges. I still think I will get one.:becky:
Dave

Back