• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Steak ?

C

chillcoolcold

OK I love to Cook steaks

I have been using my Weber kettle with charcoal and oak chunks. Great yes, however when I am cooking for a crowd not big enough. So XL BGE or some type of adjustable charcoal grill?? Whats the best for steaks?

Mothers Day 2-1/2" Porter House Steaks with salt pepper garlic and olive oil!!

Windy as hel# that day had tarps set up and seared on Weber. Finished indirect on gasser Better Way?? Had to do only (2) two at a time.

bbq015.jpg

{Midnight ☼ Smoke};1445005 said:
For space, price and taste, my CharGriller Pro produces some pretty good Steaks.

Yes sir:thumb: You get a lot of grilling real estate with a Chargriller and the cast iron grates are great for searing.

ChargrillerLoaded.jpg

It's hard to beat a Big Green Egg for steaks and you can use it easily year round in all kinda weather conditions.

A good, hot wood fire in the Kettle is how I usually roll, but just a tad bit better are the CI grates on my Lodge Sportsman with a coal fire and wood chunks on each end for smoke flavor. I need to get my Lodge outta the garage and fire it up with some beef slabs! Nice Pron. I'd hit those PHs! Cool t shirt too.

Bob

How big is the crowd? I love my kettle but it's hardly been touched since I got the first egg. The ceramic just maintains high heat so well.

I've done the World Championship Steak Cookoff in Magnolia Arkansas with Dr. BBQ twice. Using a large and one XL we probably cranked out close to 30 steaks (1 lb ribeyes) in less than 15 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The XL Egg is going to give you a little more room than the 22.5" kettle. The grate on an XL is 24". The 26" kettle would probably be a better choice based on size alone. Of course, a Ranch Kettle is the ultimate :-D

The XL Egg is going to give you a little more room than the 22.5" kettle. The grate on an XL is 24". The 26" kettle would probably be a better choice based on size alone. Of course, a Ranch Kettle is the ultimate :-D

You Know what... I think your right. The Weber 26" has stainless grates
the ranch is too big the Egg is too pricy!

Thanks for making up my mine.

Kenny

Thanks for making up my mine.

I'm very good at spending other people's money :clap2:

BTW, the Egg is one heck of a steak cooker, but since your concern was more room, an XL doesn't get you much more than what you already have. You could always watch Craigs List for a used Egg to supplement the kettle.

If you only need room part of the year or one or two times you can look at hot tubbing the steaks.

Someday I am gonna get myself a Santa Maria grill and that will be the steak cooker of choice. The best steaks I have ever had came off a Santa Maria over oak.

Someday I am gonna get myself a Santa Maria grill and that will be the steak cooker of choice. The best steaks I have ever had came off a Santa Maria over oak.

Bingo...:thumb:

Back