A rotisserie for BGE XL, does it exist?

cayenne

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Hi all,

Long time no post....

I've got a Big Green Egg XL. I've been looking past year or so for a rotisserie for it.

I see the Joetisserie for the Kamodo Joe system and think that likely would fit a regular sized BGE.

I have the XL..and I cannot find any info on a XL sized Joetisserie.

I found some threads here and there on something called a Kamodo Mate rotisserie system that seemed to indicate they had a prototype of a rotisserie that would give the BGE regular, like the Joetisserie...but that they also were planning to put one out for the XL.

I could only find a few posts here and there and some Facebook stuff, but since I'm not on Facebook (Yes, I'm one of the last 3 holdouts in the world)...I can't seem to get very far in there.

So, could someone out there maybe give me some info on this? I'm usually pretty good with google, but I'm just running into lots of dead ends on this.

Thanks in advance!!!

cayenne

Kamado Joe is making a 24" version that might be out this year... I don't know of anything on the market specifically designed to fit a 24" kamado.

Cool

Yep it's coming from Kamado Joe...just a waiting game but it's for sure coming.

Thank you!!

Hmm..I'd posted this and after that, had seen another thread about the joetisserie in general, but with some queries on that about the larger one.

Man, I wish they'd hurry with that!! I've been trying to find a lead on this for a year or so at least and can't believe it takes them THIS long to get a product like this out....

Ok will I'll keep checking here and elsewhere online...

Thank you all for the quick response!!!

cayenne

Thank you!!

Hmm..I'd posted this and after that, had seen another thread about the joetisserie in general, but with some queries on that about the larger one.

Man, I wish they'd hurry with that!! I've been trying to find a lead on this for a year or so at least and can't believe it takes them THIS long to get a product like this out....

Ok will I'll keep checking here and elsewhere online...

Thank you all for the quick response!!!

cayenne
It's just not that simple coming out with a new product...There has to be special tooling made for manufacturing and sometimes different coatings etc...that need to be part of the process, plus trying to find a way to make it cost effective can be a serious challenge.

I'm having a rotisserie system made right now and it's a serious pain in the arse. lol My system is going to be perfect for the large version...Believe you me I hope it gets done soon also!

I'm looking hard at the Carson rodizio for my Primo. It's supposed to fit all kamados

I'm looking hard at the Carson rodizio for my Primo. It's supposed to fit all kamados
A lot of people want to close the lid and rotisserie traditionally. It's nice to be able to keep the heat in and cook faster.

I bought the one for my L egg. Really well built and works as advertised, I'm still learning fire management. If they made one for my XL I would buy it.

Look at the Komodo Kamado site. They have rotisseries but they also come pre-drilled for use. I have one and it works great. I think they are close to the same size as the BGE.

If you ignore the extension in the picture,
rough%20rot_zpsbthvbvof.jpg

my Dad cooked about 10 years using clamps of various sorts to run the accessories on his gas grill. Hot and fast could get you by.

fire mgmt...

I bought the one for my L egg. Really well built and works as advertised, I'm still learning fire management. If they made one for my XL I would buy it.

I was thinking that the fire management would be similar to how I do it on my weber kettle grill with rotisserie....

ON that I had a small coal basket that I keep on one side for heat.

I was thinking with the BGE XL and rotisserie, I"d use the Angle L brackets to just put a bit of fire to once side (the back of the Egg?)....

https://ceramicgrillstore.com/pages/lump-management-ang-l-brackets-lump-reducing-rings-xl

I'm still debating on where to cluster the coal pile on a rotisserie on the BGE...as that the back of the thing seems to have a hot spot and wondering if maybe I should pile the coals at the front....and let the air circulate around it that way and allow lower burn?

Thoughts?

cayenne

Updates?

Anyone heard any updates on the XL sized Joetisserie for the large kamodo ceramic grills?

As Jagernaut said they expect to have them in stores in mid-December.

They had a bit of a delay as they ran into issues with the existing design of their rotis not working/sealing quite right when used with their new cantilevered hinges that will be coming out on the KJ's sometime next year.

Back