Old Country Pecos is Home!!!

geoff7877

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well, it's finally here safe and sound! Here's my worry thread...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=228273&page=3

The truck did have a lift so the guys pulled it off the truck pretty easily. First thing I noticed was the bar around the smoke stack was bent upward a bit but after inspecting it, looks like it came out of the factory that way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 538
Once the lowered it off the truck they tried to get me to sign for it immediately. I said "NOPE!!!" And had them cut the shrink wrap off first to inspect it. All was good except for a few scrapes.

Moved it to its new home and started checking it out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 532
The fire box door was a little bent so I took a hammer to it to lightly put back into shape and the handles are a little bent. Nothing the shipping co did. You can see from the welds that it was all from the factory. So it had character! I'm cool with that.

This thing is a beast. Bigger than I thought and heavy duty. I'm going to burn it out today and prep for my first cook. I'm working this weekend so I might have to wait another week and a half...

Anyway, I'm glad it's home.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 529
Oh Ya! If you don't plan on grilling in firebox then move that grate down for firegrate.
Get a piece of 14 ga- -11 ga about 16x28 and make a convection plate or cut it into 4" and 6" wide pieces for tuning plates.

Yes, congrats! I know the feeling, I just got an Old Country Over and Under smoker delivered a few weeks back! The Pecos will crank out some good Q!

Congrats! The Pecos really is a lot of smoker for the money. Fire that dude up!!

Congrats on the new pit! And thank you for trying and reporting on the shipping experience so many of us are pondering!

:eusa_clap Congrats! I'll bet you will sleep better now that he/she's home.

Thanks everyone. Busy day. My 1/2 cord of oak arrived at 4:00 PM and the I lugged that to the back and stacked it on the side of the house. I'm beat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
Back