Got a fun new cooker

martyleach

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Picked up a Kamado Joe Jr at Costco this past weekend for $349. Included everything you need to grill and slow cook. Tremendous value. I feel like a traitor since I have been waiting for the BGE Mini-Max which has been a long time coming and is not here yet. I have had several cooks on the the Jr and am pretty darned happy with it.
Tonight I did planked salmon direct (sea salt, Dijon mustard, topped with brown sugar) and grilled zucchini (kosher salt, olive oil and parmesan topping).

Part of my arsenal... (what is that little black thing doing on the top of the table?)

[URL="http://s1197.photobucket.com/user/martyleach/media/Kamado%20Joe%20jr%20salmon%201/kamadoontable1_zps051487b0.jpg.html"]

[/URL]
Got the salmon on the alder.

Zucchini getting going. Great meal. Fun cooker.

Last edited:
Congratulations! It needs a new handle. I think I know a man... ;)

Enjoy it, brother! Nice first cook

Mini Cookers are versatile and great fun to cook with. Excellent choice!!

Awesome little cooker! I seriously cannot believe the cost on these mini ceramic cookers Compared to say a Weber performer Platinum, or a Weber 26'r, it would be hard for me to justify with the wife.

If I had a Costco near me, I would probably go buy one of those right now. Very nice. I like my XL BGE but sometimes for just a steak or burger or two, I need something much smaller.

The Joe Jr. does NOT have the ash pan, is that correct?

Back