Results: American American Legion Post 618 12th Annual 40 & 8 Cookoff

ZILLA

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Wow! Just got back from the American Legion Post 618 12th Annual 40 & 8 Cookoff.

What is "Forty and Eight"? Read more about that here.
http://fortyandeight.org/background.htm

This cookoff was in Willis, Texas about 20 miles north of Conroe, Texas. It was above 100 all weekend down here with clear skies and man that's a challenge to cook in. The earth in Willis is this fine silty soil and with the full body of sweat and a fan and occasional breeze we were encapsulated in a thin layer of dirt in no time. I was so filthy by last night I had to shower twice to get all the dirt off of me.

Don't get me wrong we had a great time and we cooked some great BBQ. We (Crapshoot BBQ) got Reserve GC in a tie with the great Don Canterbury. His brisket score was higher so he took the GC. His 5th in a row no less. If you don't know him he's a great guy and a great cook.

I hope everyone had a good time this weekend, and I'm glad that no one fell out due to the heat cause it was a hot!! The full results will be posted on TGCBCA web site as soon as Texana (Craig) can post them. Here are the top 10 overall winners.

10th Smokey & The Bandits

9th VFW 4709

8th The Pit Crew #2

7th We B Smokin too (Don Canterbury's wife Jan)

6th Get er Done

5th Pitmaster

4th Lady Pitmaster

3rd Last Call

Res Grand - Crapshoot BBQ

Grand Champ - We Be Smokin

Congrats to you Zilla and also your sidekick Texana. Just one question, who was in charge of the chicken?:p

Back