Craigslist Score!

lkissell

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I've been in the market for a 22.5" Weber One Touch Gold for about three months. I kept looking on Craig's list hoping a good used one would pop up, but there weren't many, and the ones in my area were usually in pretty rough shape.

I finally decided that I'd just buy a brand new one this weekend. Enough waiting, and I really wanted the copper color, so I'd pay full retail, but get exactly what I wanted.

Just for the heck of it I checked online one more time, and what do I find? A never-been-opened, new-in-box 22.5" One Touch Gold, copper colored Weber! The guy was asking $120. So while not a steal, it was the exact grill that I was going to buy for about $40 less when I figured in sales tax.

The new Weber has been assembled, and is resting comfortably on my deck next to my large BGE and PBC!

Nice- if you are happy and you know it cl...

or you could just be happy and not clap and all :-D

grats on the new addition.

Congrats on your Weber. To find your next 2, 3 or 12 of them, set up a search alert on CL so that you'll be notified, instead of just lucking into something by random searches :p

I have a 22" OTS kettle that I bought new a couple years ago. Since then I scored a craigslist daisy wheel for 20 bucks! Last weekend I got a like new 22 "OTG with the ash bucket off craigslist. Who the heck is craig anyway? Now I'm not too crazy about the gold ash bucket as compared to the silver ash pan. The ash bucket isnt quite as simple as the pan... But I did get that kettle for 30 bucks and it also came with over 50 lbs of kingsford blue and a weber chimney even! My beef back ribs are almost ready, I can't wait!

I'll have to investigate the Craigslist alerts. Of course it will be a long time before I'm looking. My wife is under the misguided notion that the three grills, along with the Rec Tec mini that will be arriving next week, is quite enough for now!

I love when you score off of Craig's List.
Scozy, that ash bucket keeps things cleaner, it's the American Way.

I'll have to investigate the Craigslist alerts. Of course it will be a long time before I'm looking. My wife is under the misguided notion that the three grills, along with the Rec Tec mini that will be arriving next week, is quite enough for now!
Heh, I've heard that kind of thing before. Be careful, Webers multiply at an alarming rate., kind of like women's shoes/purses. Next thing you know, you'll have 8 of them

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Heh, I've heard that kind of thing before. Be careful, Webers multiply at an alarming rate., kind of like women's shoes/purses. Next thing you know, you'll have 8 of them

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My wife questions why I need multiple boats and grills all the time....

the same reason she needs multiple pairs of shoes or purses.

Back