Ever just have one of those days?

THoey1963

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
So, as I mentioned in the following post, Saturday was a long and busy day with the son coming home from his first cruise:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186743

When I finally went to bed early Sunday morning, I was beat. Alarm went off at noon and I was still in zombie mode, but had things to do, like smoke some chicken. I was moving very slowly and making several trips back and forth as I would go to grab 3 things and forget one...

I got to spend some quality time with the boy and show him my new toy (the WSM) and he helped me get her fired up. I think he liked playing with the flame thrower. :mad2:

Now here is where my brain had a meltdown. I started getting the chicken thighs in some simple marinade (lime juice, chile powder, garlic, salt, and pepper). We wanted to eat around 4 pm. I looked up at the clock, saw that it was almost 2 pm, and *knew* that I needed to cook the chicken HnF for 2 hours. So, after a very short marinade, I put the chicken on the grill on at 2 pm. I don't think we lit enough KBB to begin with, so I was fighting to get temps HnF, but let it cook.

At 3 pm, I went out for a smoke and decided to break the rules and take a peak. :shocked: FARK! Chicken looks done. Ran and grabbed my trusty blue thermopen (They're the fastest), probed it, crap, over done. Yanked it off, pulled out the leftover pasta salad as a side and we ate at 3 pm.

The meat was slightly over cooked and a little dry, but it did have good flavor... The skin looked like it might have been decent if I had pulled it 15 mins earlier. Damn zombie brain...

Was supposed to grill steaks and wrapped scallops today. Brain still a little foggy, and we had still had leftover ribs and chicken from the last two days, so it's a leftover kinda night...

Attachments

• chicken 1.jpg
    chicken 1.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 145
  • chicken 2.jpg
    chicken 2.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 145
Sounds like you're having a ruff time Terry. The chicken looks great from here!
Glad you were able to spend time with your son, that's what's important. :)

Yeah, the time spent together was more inportant than the food. :wink:

Looks good to me. Send the leftovers my way. I feel your pain re: being behind the 'ole 8 ball though. Good thing you decided to pull out the therm. early on. Hope yall had a good time together!

Amazing what a little more sleep gets you. Feel much better today. Yesterday I didn't even feel like cooking. Today, I am ready to grill some ribeyes, bacon wrapped scallops, and veggies for dinner.

Thanks y'all for the nudge in the right direction... :mrgreen:

Back