Serious question

captndan

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Day after tomorrow I will have surgery that will keep me off my feet for several week. I need something to cook tomorrow that will keep me in Q for the duration. I need ideas time is short. Thanks, captndan

smoke a turkey and a couple butts and a chuck roast.

good luck on the surgery.

+1 on the turkey

..........Oh!...and good luck with the surgery!!

I concur with Sammy above. When I had hip replacement surgery, I made a pork butt and a brisket. I wrapped in meal size packets for two and put them in the freezer so all my wife had to do is thaw and microwave.

Chicken, butt and two fatties. I wish you well with the surgery!

Two butts and a brisket should keep you going for a few weeks.
If doing turkey, I'd just smoke a breast - more meat with less waste.
Pull the butts and fill quart size ziplocks with the meat and freeze.
Slice the brisket and fill sandwich size (or snack size) ziplocks and freeze.

Best of luck with the surgery!

Chicken ,turkey , pork butts all good.

And best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Turkey and chuck roasts have my vote. Will be praying for a speedy recovery.

Best wishes on the surgery!

I think a couple of butts and a couple of chucks would be in order.

Pork shoulder and brisket should be enough to carry you through...prayers for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Add me to the chorus - pork shoulder is easy enough and will give you versatility in terms of how many ways you can serve the leftovers.

Although if you did some chickens/turkey as well, you could strip the meat for meals, and use the carcass for some tasty broth. Sometimes when you're recovering, a nice rich soup does wonders.

Best of luck with the surgery and recovery...

Looks like people got you covered on the suggestions. Have a fast recovery and good luck on everything

Yep, pretty well covered. Before my major surgery, I did a couple of chuck roasts, and a couple of pork butts, turkey breast, and a big pan of baked ziti. Put it all up in vac. bags for serving 2. Worked well.
Best wishes on your surgery and a speedy recovery.

Good luck on the surgery. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Back