1.8 lb. Porterhouse Steak with Blue Cheese Compound Butter and Veggies

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
We wanted to finish off the Holiday weekend with a bang so I had thawed out a Double R Ranch Porterhouse that I had in the freezer.

I seasoned it with garlic sea salt, fresh ground black pepper and some steak seasoning and wrapped it up to rest a few hours.

While it was resting I made up some roasted potatoes

and some Brussels Sprouts.

After the veggies were ready I checked the I.T. on the steak and I had overshot my target of 113 by 7 degrees. I took it off and loosely tented with foil and let the kamado get up to searing temps. I had found this Weber Searing grate on clearance at Lowes and put it to good use here.

I love these shots!

Earlier in the month I had made up some blue cheese compound butter with some parsley and dried Thyme for just this sort of occasion. I got some of it out to put on the steak.

Here is everything Plated with a Twisted Manzanita Rustic Horizon Red Ale.

Here is the prerequisite “Fork” shot rubbed in some of the compound butter.

Not quite medium rare but still oh so delicious.

Thanks for looking.

Like the idea of using the searing plate in place of the deflector. Will have to shop for one.

YUM! I haven't had Brussels sprouts in a while. I'm making them today!
Thank you Melissa. I clean them and then cut in half and place on a bowl. I drizzle them with Basil infused OO, then sprinkle with garlic sea saltand freach grounf black pepper and let that rest a few minutes. Now heat up a little OO in a skillet and then throw in 1/4 cup of diced onion and 2 tsp of minced garlic and let them start to sweat. now pour in 1/2 cup of a red wine of your choice and let that heat up. Now throw in your Brussels sprouts trying to have them face down at first to absorb the wine mixture. Cook until they are tender and start to caramelize. So Good!

Back