• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

6 gallon Cajun fryer?

sylntghost

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Does anyone have that model ? Is the extra cost worth it to fry turkeys. Do turkeys fit in it well with the turkey basket?

I have a 4, 2 6's and an 8.5 but I have never tried to fry a turkey in any of them.I did not even know that they made a "Turkey" basket.I am gonna have to check that out.Thanks for the enlightenment.

I have a 4 gallon (18 months now ) --- I ended up buying two 12 gallon Cajun Jimmys from them for our men's club at church. ( we do fish Fries ). I have never fried a turkey in any of them, however when I ordered them I made sure to get the expanded metal grate that sits on top of the burner tube. They keep their temp awesome. One side note. I did use mine to crisp some wings I smoked. Wings were good, oil smelled bbq smokey for the next few cooks. No real boba taste to any of the fried food though.

I did start a Cajun fryer fan page on FB.

The 6 gallon is the smallest fryer they make that will fry a whole turkey but not over about 12-14 pounds. I have fried literally hundreds of turkeys in my 8-1/2 and 12 gallon fryers. There is no need for a basket. I use a good strong set of big tongs for turkeys. You do need the flat expanded metal to go over the burner though. I think it is about $15 or so.

Back