muffin pan chicken

chomper's bbq

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I watched bbq pitmaster's and it seemed Myron was angry with Paul about stealing his muffin pan trick. Sounds like a soap opera. Has anyone tried muffin pans to cook competition chicken and what are the tricks to allow for a uniform smoke and to avoid rubbery skin? Thanks for your input in advance.

They use muffin pans... the recipe and technique for that is in Myron's book also...

Image08202011090442.jpg

These are ones I did about a month or so ago. I ended up crisping the skin in the oven just a bit and topped with sauce...yum

sorry couldn't find a finished product pic

Watched the same episode last night. Myron seems like a complete and utter douchebag.

I saw an episode that said he doesn't use the muffin pan on his comp chicken...

We use mini loaf pans, and they seem to work quite well.
The trick to bite through skin? Pull it off and shave the fat off the backside.

Watched the same episode last night. Myron seems like a complete and utter douchebag.

I know this has been said a lot on these forums, but just to say it again, Myron is a really great guy. He's friendly, and helpful.

BBQ Pitmasters is a TV show, and TV shows need ratings. If someone has to be the bad guy, well, I guess that's Myron, and honestly, without him, the show would be missing some excitement/controversy.

Do ya think that Simon Cowell is really such a jerk in his day to day life too?

C'mon.

I agree Myron is playing a roll. He has a successful training program for bbq enthusiasts and he wouldn't be successful if he acted like that. That's why i said Soap opera.

Muffin chicken!!!

I entered my first competition this past september (Smokin-on-the-bay) and old myron was one of the competitors. Went straight over, bought some of his hunmy money cluck rub, opened his book to the muffin chix. I followed he techniques exactly as illustrated in the book. Came in 5th in chicken out of 40 teams. I usually try and learn from everybody and copy no one but not in this case. Did I say that was my first competion. He was very nice and helpful.

Back