Let's Get Naked! (In progress)

SirPorkaLot

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Those that are in the know, go Nekid! :shocked:

Naked Ribs that is... :biggrin1:

I am not a fan of heavily rubbed ribs with the sticky sweet damn sauce on them, I much prefer to keep ribs simple. A little salt, a little smoke and a little ACV glaze and call it a day.

I have two racks I picked up. One got straight sea salt (my wife don't care for anything spicy), the other gets the Hot Salt!

Sea Salt Rack

picture.php

Hot Salt Rack

picture.php

In the smoker

picture.php

Stay tuned for updates.

Made a good batch of almonds with the sea salt yesterday - will be snagging more salts today!

I love ribs like that - I've been doing s&p ribs on the rotisserie basting with a little bacon grease - great stuff!

Bacon grease???? That sounds really good but bad!!! I'm gonna try it!

2 hours in and it is time for an ACV bath.
I use unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar with some mixed peppercorns ground into it.

There will be no foil used in the creation of these ribs.

Cooking at ~275F on a horizontal stick burner with Live Oak.

Last edited:
Interesting and bookmarked. Looking forward to trying this method next time I smoke some bones.

Do you use a spray bottle to apply the ACV?

Interesting and bookmarked. Looking forward to trying this method next time I smoke some bones.

Do you use a spray bottle to apply the ACV?

If I have one handy I do lol.

I just used a water bottle filled with ACV to douse them and a brush to spread it evenly.

Geez Louise, first the Wood Size thread, now this one.

I need to stay off the Internet.

Yes Sir!
Can't wait to try out some of your stuff!

Thank you!

Based on what I now know. You can probably tell me exactly how many more minutes those ribs need to cook just from the photo, but don't tell me, let me figure it out on my own. :biggrin1:

Thank you!

Based on what I now know. You can probably tell me exactly how many more minutes those ribs need to cook just from the photo, but don't tell me, let me figure it out on my own. :biggrin1:

LMAO!

I'll just watch and keep my mouth shut Brother.
As long as you have Phun I'm cool. :)

Back