Roti 3 lb chuck roast?

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
A little guy going on the spit.... Am I :crazy:

Oh well I'm committed now....Y'all know how chuckies are and want to fall apart from the get go with those fat lines going through it. There is a water pan for drippings below so worst case it takes a bath right?

Pics coming in a bit.... hoping for a sliceable chuckie that's not quite to pulled and making some gravy for both the roast and some mashed taters. :heh:

Wish me luck.

why dont u put 3 eggs on it..no bun...and call it a hamburger...makes sense right?
LOL....maybe next time! For tonight it was some gravy and I called it roast beef!

Agreed. You should definitely be committed
It's very hard to feed myself with this straight jacket on me!

Anyways dinners done, luckily I didn't lose the chuckie to the abyss or safety grate. (shwoooo!) Gravy turned out brown and delicious, chuckie moist and tasty.... I skipped veggies though!

Photobucket is down so the lousy finished pics come later.

how do u avoid the black drippings? every time i do a smoke with a pan under...its BLACK and nasty lookin

how do u avoid the black drippings? every time i do a smoke with a pan under...its BLACK and nasty lookin
Black can't really come from the meat but the drippings sure can burn black if you don't keep water in the pan. Just keep an eye on the water level in the drip pan so the drippings don't burn to a crisp.

OK, this is one of those "DOH!" moments for me. I would have never thought of using a safety grate under the meat.

I almost feel dumb.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product pictures...

What'd you put on that hunk-o-meat before spinning, eh? S&P?

Lookin good kieth.

Pics at night and glare. Instead of flash sometimes i just turn the light on on my phone then take a pic.

If you have a water pan under the chuckie, then, the flames don't kiss the meat, right?
Did you use the main grate for your water pan? I guess what I'm asking is where do you situate the grate(s) on a dedicated roti drum?

If you have a water pan under the chuckie, then, the flames don't kiss the meat, right?
Did you use the main grate for your water pan? I guess what I'm asking is where do you situate the grate(s) on a dedicated roti drum?
Jim I used the little jimmy for this cook not the fire barrel roti. Most of the time I don't cook something that I want to keep the drippings for but this time homemade gravy sounded good. The jimmy has rack 5" above the charcoal where a diffuser normally sits but I sat a water pan on it for this cook. Yea 95% of my roti cooks are right above the flames in the wood burner or some above the charcoal in the jimmy.

Back