Road Trip -- Anaheim, CA to IN -- who's out there I can stop and visit?

Wampus

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
So I MAY be flying out to Anaheim to pick up a truck and drive it back home.

Maybe. Still very early in planning.

Just wondering if there's any brethren along the way that I can eat with, have a beer, maybe even an overnight road break?

Looks like 2 possible routes, through Albuquerque, TX panhandle, OKC, STL....
or Vegas (uh oh :becky: ), Utah, Denver, KC....

Thoughts?

Let me know when you do an East Coast route, Wamp.

Hope you and the family are well!

Bigmista's is near Anaheim, so that'd be a good start. There's a farker in Culver City who'd cook you a nice meal as well. In fact, if you wanna save money on a hotel room, we got room here. Do you know what your time frame is?

If you go along 40, there are spots in Amarillo, and there's a great place a little off 40 in Arkansas in Devalls Bluffs called Craig's - I've been there and in all honesty I'd schedule the whole trip around hitting that place - my family and I absolutely loved it. Memphis would be along that route too, right? Not sure when you'd cut north off of 40. I got a lot of great info about stuff along I40 a while back - gotta do stuff right now, but I'll dig it up later.

***edit

Here's the thread I was talking about - Gore and 1MoreFord bring it strong!

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140518

Last edited:
^^^ Thanks for posting that reminder. I read again that entire thread. I especially loved the pics of the Big Texan at the end. There are several places out west that reminds me of, like "The Thing" in Arizona and "Wall Drug" in South Dakota. I love these bits of Americana. They really hearken to another age. Everyone should appreciate and enjoy them before they are gone.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Back