Bridal Shows.

Dadeo719

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Any tips or insight if anyone has ever done one of these. We are planning to have some pulled pork and brisket sliders with a side as samples to give out. Just never did one before so looking for any advice.

Just remember people are dressed up and want a neat non messy dish

Yeah we have thought about that. We were going to push more for the Rehearsal dinner for the guy, and outdoor receptions mainly that are more laid back. We will be doing tenderloin as an option though with a carving station.

Although I haven't done a bridal show, I have done other types of shows.... Keep your samples small or you will be feeding a lot of people who have no intention of ever using your business. Many will return time and time again for free samples.

The idea is to give them a taste, and if they are interested they can contact you for an appointment to discuss the numbers, at which time you can provide them a better selection of larger samples to try.

Have the basics in print to hand out, that way even if they don't use you for the wedding, they have the information for other types of gatherings.

Just remember people are dressed up and want a neat non messy dish

I just went to one last weekend to pass out our business cards and catering cards...

Not to many of the people in attendance were dressed to the nines.. Most were in blue jeans.

We catered six weddings last year, each over 250 people. We served Ribs three times.
People notice the little efforts that a caterer takes. have some handi wipes ready, napkins available, easy pore sauce bottles.

Yeah we have thought about that. We were going to push more for the Rehearsal dinner for the guy, and outdoor receptions mainly that are more laid back. We will be doing tenderloin as an option though with a carving station.

I'm not a fan of outdoor receptions. The weather around here is to unpredictable. It's either to hot or to rainy. Flies get annoying as well.

Back