• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Meaters are shipping

The meater block still no action tho. I expect mine next year. Got a Loki coming too...

He claimed it would never ship. Hell, even if they shipped an empty box he would be wrong :icon_smile_tongue:

This! :thumb:

Probably another two years before my Meater block is shipped. :becky: Too bad my habits have changed and I hardly ever use thermometers. :rolleyes:

......now we need the reviews.....

Seriously! Why can't I find any customer reviews on these things? You would think with the long wait and pent up interest there would be dozens and dozens of reviews popping up all over as people receive them. Google is coming up empty for me. :shocked:

Seriously! Why can't I find any customer reviews on these things? You would think with the long wait and pent up interest there would be dozens and dozens of reviews popping up all over as people receive them. Google is coming up empty for me. :shocked:

Same here. Ill be skeptical until forced not to. The only review ive really seen was a cook in a skillet.

Irresponsible speculation by me would lead me guess some will get units but the production cost is too high so only a few will ship. These units will be flawed with limited range, and heat tolerance.

Im gonna cling to this one as long as possible.

I received mine about two weeks ago. I charged them up and downloaded the app. Tried them out only 1 time so far using two of them on some ribeyes. With the Weber gasser lid open I can have my phone about 10 feet away and receive things on my phone. With the lid closed I can't venture more than about 5 feet at best. The app is ok but I am very disappointed in the actual hardware. On a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being high I would give the Meater a 2 so far.

They do have other options if you want to connect them to another device that supposedly gives you better range. I haven't tried that yet. I much prefer using my Mavericks and will probably end up giving these things away.

10ft with the lid open. :pound:
I hope the extender device fixes this.

If the lid is open, I don't need a wireless thermometer. Would it work through the double layer of metal and insulation in my indoor oven? Will it get through the thicker steel of my Lang? So far I am not reaching for my wallet.

Back