Another Hunsaker Practice Sunday (Ribs & Chicken)

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Was going to do this practice run yesterday, but weather had it dry yesterday which meant finally getting to re-coating my camper roof since that was the first fully dry day in a while :loco:. Nice and hot day for that :twitch:.

Anyways so just bumped back the cook till today. Doing ribs and chicken earlier than normal for no good reason other than waking up early. Plan is for Ribs to finish around 10am and chicken at 9:30. Chicken timing was on last time and just trying something a little different there. Ribs I'm backing temp down from 300 to 275 to see how they cook.

Loaded the drums yesterday and here's the chicken and ribs
8V4GwoFl.jpg

C8AD0o7l.jpg

Lighting the ribs cooker at 5:55am with 2 cubes and at 6:15 it was already at 250
giO4eQLl.jpg

80l25Qcl.jpg

Rubbing ribs here shortly

Thelegs look great! I am playing with some legs later. What was the temp and timing?

This was 260-270 most of the time. 45 in the smoke then 45 wrapped up. This round I had more skin pull back, but still had 6 good ones at the end.

Making some dough to make a leftover chicken/rib, pickle, and whatever else I pick up at the store later, pizza :-D
1AsoNAcl.jpg

Good eating right there! Now what kind of stone brew you got there? Haven't seen that one yet

Back