Advice on a slicer needed

Jrogers84

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
It looks kind of rough. I think I'd keep looking.

IMO, a 10" blade is small. If you ever decide to make bacon, you won't be able to slice it as the throw of the trolley will be too short. I found a 12" Fleetwood on CL for $50. Just gotta be patient.

I'd go look at it. It's maybe a good slicer for home use. Use the "looks kind of rough" line to justify a lower offer, since he's only looking for an offer. He can't say "no" of you don't make an offer. He was maybe going to throw it out because he has lost interest and it's just taking up space, and he's just hoping to get something for it. You might get a steal.

I guess I question the brand more than anything. If it needs some work, im good with that. I can really find much online to know if it was a decent quality slicer back in its day

I kept looking for a Hobart 1612 for about 3 months before I found one on the Houston craigslist. 150$ later and I was driving home with it. Take your time. Don't know about parts availability for that National brand, but Hobart stuff is easy to find, mostly NOS

I think it's a Osborne-National Model 85 but the pictures don't show the complete unit.

The paddle switch on the motor and the egg-shaped push plate mount leads me to believe it is.

Back