• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Let the brethren decide

What should I cook the bird on?

• Big Easy (aka the turkey toaster)

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • kettle

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • rotisserie

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • be daring and use what's there

Votes: 5 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
This is the second year I'm cooking the bird for the family dinner. I have had enough of my parents overcooking the bird (for the record they over cook everything) and besides mom gets too stressed over the hole thing where I actually enjoy it. Taking the bird out of the kitchen is a no brainer, it frees up the oven and makes the whole area less crowded. Since I'm the only one who will eat dark meat I'm just getting a breast.

The question I pose to the mobs is what should I cook on?

I've got a big easy
Weber 22 kettle
Weber rotisserie
Be daring and go for their janky duo gas/charcoal bbq

I was gonna use the roto last time but someone forgot the ring (opps) so I just rolled with the kettle and it turned out perfect.

I was just raised on fried turkey. Big Easy for me. There is sure nothing wrong with a good smoked turkey either! I would hope anyone who is a brethren would keep the bird out of the oven what with all the good info here. ;D

I was just raised on fried turkey. Big Easy for me. There is sure nothing wrong with a good smoked turkey either! I would hope anyone who is a brethren would keep the bird out of the oven what with all the good info here. ;D

I am leaning towards this. I wasn't sure they were gonna go for the smoked bird last time but apparently they liked it cause I got the call this year again.

Easy!!

After, you cut the dark meat off of the turkey, throw it on the kettle to smoke slowly, then put the breast on the rotisserie. Go get a leg or thigh for you AND everyone gets to have there favorite :wink: Take the leftover dark with some skin, chop it up and put it in some greens or anything else that needs good seasoning

I don't think that would be so, unless you cook it until you have to spoon it from the bottom of the Big Easy

Ha. Like I said I've eaten overcooked food for almost half my life.

Typical thanksgiving conversation:
"do you think it's done?"

"I don't know it's been in the oven as long as the instructions say"

"So another half hour then?"
Half hour later:
"Oh just leave it in there until the rolls finish, another 15 minutes"

Me: pass the gravy.

In the summer
Steaks use sit off to the side on the upper rack of the gasser while the burgers and dogs cooked.

***does his best Braveheart impression***

Smoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Turkey has to be deadly on rotisserie

Back