warming a frozen smoked brisket

bigeater

Got Wood.
Reaction score
thawed out a brisket I had cooked on the pit sometime ago.what is the best way to warm it where it is like fresh bbqed.thanks:decision:

I've had luck thawing out meat a bit that's been vacuum packed and then heating it up in water. Or you could cut off a chunk wrap it tight in foil and slowly oven reheat it. Probably best to let it thaw a little either way.

thaw it foil pan covered or wrap with a little beef stock and good to go. at least for me.

I just heated up some leftover point chunks in the cast iron with some water, cumin, garlic, and chili powder to make some brisket taco meat, just another idea.

If you didn't Vac-Seal it, then I agree with Morgan-que. "thaw it, then heat in covered foil pan with a little beef stock until warm enough to serve."

If ya like vinegar mix 1 cup water, 1 cup vinegar, and 1 cup BBQ sauce. Not as a sauce but a hydrating fluid only use a small amount or cut back as you see fit.

For point pieces, try a skillet. Killer fried beef.

I just heated up some leftover point chunks in the cast iron with some water, cumin, garlic, and chili powder to make some brisket taco meat, just another idea.
My favorite way to eat left over brisket is to heat it in a skillet and then either simply make tacos with flour tortillas and a good fresh salsa or pico de gallo, or to make breakfast burritos with some re-fried beans, scrambled eggs, grated cheddar and salsa or pico.:wink:
To warm a large quantity at one time I usually use a pan with the foil tent method in the oven, makes the whole house smell like a Q joint.:grin:

How I do it is once defrosted, I take it out of the vac seal bag and put it in a glass casserole with a glass lid. Put a little water in the dish and put it in the oven about 250 until done. then slice before serving

the water and juices/rub crust create a nice au jus

I warmed my frozen brisket

Hey thanks for the tips I put it in a pan,laying on sliced onions,and mixed beef stock and bbq sauce and poured it over the brisket.Put some sliced onoions on top and covered it with foil.Put it in the oven at 250 for 3 hours and it turned out like fresh cooked.Had just enough left for daughter and grand daughter to take back to Georgia on the plane.Had to take some TEXAS BBQ back.thanks for the tip:clap2:

put the meat in a pan with a lid and then the pan over boiling water. We call that "a bagno maria"!

Back