WagnerWare Sidney O #8 rehab

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
My mother gifted me our childhood cast iron #8. Pretty sad shape and had not been used in years. After little league ball games my brother and I used it for fried bologna sandwiches. Sour kraut and weinies (the red ones that turned the kraut red too). Pineapple upside down cake- fried green tomatoes and Okra etc etc. how Cakes and Cornbread. :))

Hadn't been used in 20-25 years at least. So stripping it down to metal and starting over

Overnight in HD Trash Bag sprayed w/Off Oven cleaner
Scrubbed with steel wool and rinsed with vinegar water
Into oven at 350 one hour with light coat of lard
Cooled- checked closely and no cracks
Hit with wire wheel to remove tough stuff
Into HD trash bag for 16-24 hours
Will scrub and rinse with vinegar water tomorrow
Immediately back into oven light coat of lard
Then every day for a week then once a month thereafter if not used

Last edited:
Rich history for that piece, thanks for sharing. Sounds like she's in good hands and will make many more tasty morsels in your kitchen!

It's looking great. Nothing beats old CI

Funny how a hunk of iron can make a man sentimental. I have my grannys 10" from 1919, one of my most prized possessions. Lot of memories of simpler better times and some great food too. She could wiled that thing like a Culinary Samarri before the sun was up

What a treasure...and great memories! It's in good hands now. Can't wait to see what you cook first Adams. :cool: :-D

What a treasure...and great memories! It's in good hands now. Can't wait to see what you cook first Adams. :cool: :-D

Green Chile Pineapple Upside Down Cake :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Funny how a hunk of iron can make a man sentimental. I have my grannys 10" from 1919, one of my most prized possessions. Lot of memories of simpler better times and some great food too. She could wiled that thing like a Culinary Samarri before the sun was up

"Culinary Samurai"- I may borrow that. ��

Back