• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Decent food handeling gloves

i'll look at my job tomorrow, we use cut resistant gloves, & I know they use same brand gloves in deli, for prepared foods, while I use for raw meats, they fit well, & last very well.

some brands have been a pain, while others are very comfortable, & presently these are comfortable. if they look like woven string, they wont be comfortable, if they look like a glove, & its sized correcly, more than likely it will be comfortable, & we sometimes wear for many hours straight, depending on how much cutting has to be done.

Check these out.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Epica-Resistant-Gloves-Level-Protection/dp/B00E4XSSDA/ref=pd_bxgy_k_text_z"]Epica Cut Resistant Gloves with CE Level 5 Protection, 1 Pair - - Amazon.com@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/615bk7Nwq4L.@@AMEPARAM@@615bk7Nwq4L[/ame]

You looking for hot food handling or what? I use the vinyl gloves from RD for prep and anything that is not too hot to handle and Black Knights for hot food.

Hot food handling gloves. The ones I see people wearing almost look like latex gloves?? Something I can wear while pulling pork and serve food with. I have a pair of Weber gloves to use while grilling. Thanks for the responses, guys!!

When pulling pork, slicing brisket or pulling or carving chicken, I just use double layered cotton gloves with a layer or two of nitrile gloves over the top. The cotton just insulates, the nitrile or latex gives the sanitary aspect.

Sometimes I put 2 or 3 layers of nitrile gloves over my cotton gloves so if I'm pulling lots of pork and a bone punctures a glove, the layer underneath still protects my fingers from the hot grease and keeps things sanitary. PLUS, if I'm working by myself and I need to grab a knife or shaker or something, I can just peel off the greasy outer layer and I'm still sanitary, but don't have to grease up whatever I'm reaching for.

ok the glove I use are put out by NXT, I snapped a pic, but cant read all the fine print, if you need me to I will send to computer, I did a search with bing & found some pics, http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=nxt+cut+resistant+gloves&qpvt=nxt+cut+resistant+gloves&FORM=IGRE

the ones I wear are like top with the gray on 2 fingers & thumb, they are very comfortable, but they are just cut resistant, & I work in refrigerated areas, I can ask the ladys in the deli how they do in hotter areas if you need me to.

I will say both that style & the braided string style you can cut a finger tip off in a split second, we have tested the gloves on pprofessional slicers, & band saws, they are of no use there, lol, we have used both bone-in & boneless blades on band saw, & of course dull & sharp slicers. it wont go through a slicer instantly, but they will cut through the glove pretty quick, but the gloves do help with protecting from light pricks, & slices with hand powered knives.

Randy

I know the gloves you are looking for. Bought a pair at Home Depot of all places a few weeks ago. They are also available on their website. Search product # SR8037.

Back