• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Good News but Helllp!!!

3 Rivers BBQ

Got approached to do a major BBQ gig for a biker bash with anywhere from 300 - 400 people. So my first reaction is...oh yea baby!...Then oh $h1T baby that is a huge amount of food. They want pulled pork, brisket, bbq beans and potato sald. So..help!!!! How much meat and what sort of price with me setting up a buffet style and maintaining it for about 4 hours. I will have at least one other person assisting me. Thanks and this is both scary and exciting!

Are you serving indoors or out?

To keep the amounts of food in check I would set a staff member up to serve the pulled pork and brisket. People have suggested this to me several times but I thought I knew better...turns out I didn't and suffered for it. Try explaining to person # 280 that you cooked enough pork to serve 400+ but it's all gone now.

Doc.

need at least 6 people and probably 8 would be better.

400 bikers = 150 lbs cooked pork so that's about 40 butts. Takes time to pull. Same amount of brisket and that's a lot of slicing.

Having some serious reservations about trying to take this size of cooking on. The biggest I have done before is for 40. I will offer to provide the meat, but that would be it. I just believe a halfass job isnt how I can grow my business.

I recommend having more help. I usually have 2 people with me for parties over 150 people. For 300-400 you should have at least 3-4 helpers especially if you have never done large parties. That is a lot of pork to pull.

Also is this catering or vending?

Back