• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I bought this because...

93vpmod

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
The UPS man delivered the Weber Jumbo Joe below yesterday while I was traveling for work.

The wife called, "Do you really need another grill?" To which I replied, "Yes, I bought it because the new rotisserie will fit on this grill." To my surprise she said, "Don't you already have a rotisserie for the performer grill?" Busted...

This is actually a perfect size for a few burgers or chops. It heats up well with a small sized Vortex that I already had for a small sized grill. Sorry I didn't get a grill shot, too busy playing basketball with the little boy.

Thumbs up for the SuckleBuster Hoochie Mama and the Texas Pecan, both are great on chops.

I stole that idea, being a good little Aussie.
as posted.

Smokey Mick wrote:Way to piss the neighbours off
icon_biggrin.gif

BTW, How did you get that "Thing" past the minister of war and finance?

Well that’s a very good question
icon_biggrin.gif
, as I am the only one in my family who reads this forum....here goes..... after I had placed an order for the unit, I was a bit concerned with possible negative feedback from the almighty, but then I had an idea
icon_idea.gif
icon_idea.gif
icon_idea.gif
icon_idea.gif
icon_idea.gif
, as knowone knows my wife ( That I am aware off
icon_question.gif
icon_lol.gif
), I think this might be safe,,,,,so what I did was obtain raffle book from the paper shop, then ripped out 3 tabs and placed them on the fridge without saying a word, a few days later when I was asked what they were, I simple stated I had purchase a few tickets in a raffle to win a BBQ....and You Guessed it!!! I WON the Raffle. Now I know this might be a little bit on the deceitful side, and I know the end does not justify the means...but it looks really good in the backyard and I will make death bed confession in the years to come
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif

From here.
http://www.aussiebbq.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2648&p=13808&hilit=raffle#p13808

A man ought not (have to) lie to his significant other over his God Given Right to own as many cookers as he wants and can afford. I have... but I should not be forced to- bad karma and all that. :wink:

Nice. And Christening with Sucklebusters. Double Nice!!!

I stole that idea, being a good little Aussie.
as posted.
Smokey Mick wrote:Way to piss the neighbours off
icon_biggrin.gif

BTW, How did you get that "Thing" past the minister of war and finance?
Well that’s a very good question
icon_biggrin.gif
, as I am the only one in my family who reads this forum....here goes..... after I had placed an order for the unit, I was a bit concerned with possible negative feedback from the almighty, but then I had an idea
icon_idea.gif
icon_idea.gif
icon_idea.gif
icon_idea.gif
icon_idea.gif
, as knowone knows my wife ( That I am aware off
icon_question.gif
icon_lol.gif
), I think this might be safe,,,,,so what I did was obtain raffle book from the paper shop, then ripped out 3 tabs and placed them on the fridge without saying a word, a few days later when I was asked what they were, I simple stated I had purchase a few tickets in a raffle to win a BBQ....and You Guessed it!!! I WON the Raffle. Now I know this might be a little bit on the deceitful side, and I know the end does not justify the means...but it looks really good in the backyard and I will make death bed confession in the years to come
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif

From here.
http://www.aussiebbq.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2648&p=13808&hilit=raffle#p13808

I found this post helpful and will include the raffle winning grill story in my upcoming book, "You Too Can Achieve Wife Foo". :thumb:

93, Every Man has to have a Back-Up, Just in Case, Emergency Grill. :becky:

Wife: "Do you need this?"
You: "No, but I wanted it."

End of conversation.

Words to live by.

Honestly, I'm thinking about getting a Smokey Joe. I would imagine that when I just need to grill for two, I'd save quite a bit in fuel costs. Since it's like $30, I think over time, using that instead of a larger grill will pay for itself.

Words to live by.

Honestly, I'm thinking about getting a Smokey Joe. I would imagine that when I just need to grill for two, I'd save quite a bit in fuel costs. Since it's like $30, I think over time, using that instead of a larger grill will pay for itself.

Go with the Jumbo...there is a night and day difference than with the Smokey Joe that I also have. Wish I had this one first!

My wife has the bs-o-meter on full alert when new purchases show up. I prefer just to take the heat by saying, yes, I really do need another one.

I sleep better that way.... albeit on the couch.

Go with the Jumbo...there is a night and day difference than with the Smokey Joe that I also have. Wish I had this one first!

Mike are you saying that, by chance, because of the way the little vortex works in the Jumbo Joe as opposed to the way it does in the Smokey Joe?

Love mine also. Possibilities are endless and the size is more than right.

JQAYyoNh.png

kW3QrxJh.png

Man this makes me want to break mine out! Got one a few months ago for smaller cooks but still finding myself using the kettle everytime.

It's a sweet little grill that fills a void, will pay for itself in fuel savings and well...it's a Weber.

Good looking food too.

Back