Tacos de lengua ( beef tongue tacos) #WSCG

Tonybel

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I know it's not everyone's favorite but for those of you that like this here you go. By the way why is it expensive of no one likes it!!!

our process on how we made the lengua. Here's what we did....
1. Cleaned and peeled the beef tongue first.
2. Apply some olive oil and then use your favorite beef seasoning.
3. Set up your your grill or smoker for indirect cooking. Add hickory or mesquite wood chunks. Smoker temp 275
4. When the tongue hits 160 or you get the "color" you want wrap in foil.
5. Cook until done internal temperature of the tongue is 200.
6. Rest the tongue for 1 hour before slicing or chopping.
7. Make tacos and enjoy.

Coming up to temp

Plated and ready to eat!

Thanks for stopping by

Tony and Maribel

Good Lord, that looks awesome!

I just ate lunch, and I'd love to try to eat 2-3 of those tacos!

Yes please!! Easily my favorite tacos in the world. I've probably said it a million times already. :becky:

Nice lengua y'all! I've only peeled after cooking, how easy does the membrane come off when it's raw? Much knife work involved or does it just pull? My tongues are usually always frozen, then thawed, if you think that matters.

Excellente!! The tongue freaks me out a bit but man that looks amazing.

Would you post your salsa verde recipe? I've been trying to make that but I'm not sure if I'm there yet.

That looks fantastic!

I didn't some beef tacos with the salsa verde, white onions, and cilantro this weekend. I used eye of round though.

Holy crap that looks good, Tony! I love tacos de lengua and those are making me want to run out and get some for breakfast!

After showing Momma your pictures (and reminding her of the really good lengua tacos we would get back in Fort Wayne, IN), she's agreed that I can give it a try this weekend.

I'm with MrChrister in that our beef tongue will be frozen. Thaw completely, then try to skin before the rub/smoke process?

I guess I need to do some research on a good rub for this baby, as I have different tastes depending on the beef I'm cooking (steak/carne asada/brisket/ribs). Any chance you'd kick me/us in the "Right" direction?

Many thanks for the inspiration... Those photos are so nice, I can nearly taste it as you sliced/chopped it!

Well I have a tongue in the freezer I forgot about. And was wanting to do something different on Memorial day so now I have my answer . Looks great. Thanks

Never cooked one before so the more info the better.

Have never tried lengua but would sure try those tacos. Looks great!

I've never peeled it before boiling it. Does it peel or do you just have to trim it up with a knife?
That looks fantastic btw. Lengua is delish!

Looks like I'm the the only one intrigued on the pre-boil peel.

Wow that looks fantastically amazing, I can't wait to get my smoker cause I will definitely be making these. Thanks for posting.

Back