• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Repeat 4 bean Turkey Chili

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I picked up 2 lb. of 98% fat free ground turkey breast the other day. I made some more of the 4 bean Turkey Chili I made a month ago with it but this time it was virtually free of points. (Only 1 WW Purple point)
I diced up all the onions and peppers, mixed up the spices. Here are most of the ingredients.

1 ½ Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 lb. Pounds 98/7 Lean Ground Turkey
½ Yellow Onion (Diced)
½ Red Onion (Diced)
I Poblano Pepper (Diced)
1 Red Bell Pepper (Diced)
1 ½ Teaspoons Minced Garlic
1 6 Oz. Can Diced Green Chiles
1 15 Oz. Can Corn
1 15 Oz. Can Crushed Tomatoes
1 15 Oz. Can Tomato Sauce
1 15 Oz. Can Chili Beans
1 15 Oz. Can Black Beans
1 15 Oz. Can Dark Red Kidney Beans
1 15 Oz. Cannellini Beans
1 15 Oz. Can Chicken Broth
2 Tbsp. Chili Power
1 Tsp. Cumin
½ Tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
½ Tsp. Chipotle Pepper Power
½ Tsp. Black Pepper
½ Tsp. White Pepper
½ Tsp. Salt
¼ Tsp. Cinnamon

While I was prepping everything our new dog Lady came in to visit.

I got out my enameled Dutch oven and placed the OO. I put it on the side burner of my Gasser.

I put the Turkey in once it was heated up.

I cooked it until just slightly brown.

Next, I added the Poblano pepper, onions, Bell pepper and garlic. I covered this and cook it for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.

Once the veggies had softened,

I added in the spices and rest of the ingredients.

and mixed everything together.

I brought this to a boil and then covered. I turned the burner to low and let the chili simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Here it is after cooking.

Here it is in a bowl, garnished with onion, cilantro, some lime and some Non-Fat Greek yogurt.

This was delicious and only 1 point per serving. (A serving = 1 cup. This was a large bowl, so it was a double serving so 2 points) Eating like this makes me forget I'm losing weight.

Thanks for looking.

That is some mighty good looking turkey and bean soup. And i really like what im looking at. Looks delicious. Add some Ritz crackers....YUM.
Beautiful German Shepard? 6 months or 1 year old?

Last edited:
Looks great. Interesting. All poultry chili I've been introduced to has been tomato free.

I'll hit that DH but might wait til October, this weather is stupid hot right now

4 bean turkey chili... just wrong on several levels.

Nevermind. I just noticed you're in California. :wink:

That is some mighty good looking turkey and bean soup. And i really like what im looking at. Looks delicious. Add some Ritz crackers....YUM.
Beautiful German Shepard? 6 months or 1 year old?
Thank you Poppy. Lady is a Black German Shepard and Akita mix. She will be 2 in November.
Lady knew something good was on it's way.
Thank you Marty
I will take a bowl or two. Nice cook
Thank you Ryan.

Looks great. Interesting. All poultry chili I've been introduced to has been tomato free.
Thank you Erik. I've made Green Chicken Chili before but for ground meat I usually go with the traditional spice and tomato route.
I’d hit it.
Thank you Adams
I'll hit that DH but might wait til October, this weather is stupid hot right now
Thank you Tom. Yes I know it's stupid hot right now (I'm just a few miles south of you) but I actually made this right before it turned hot.

Thank you Sir sounds and looks great
Thank you Shiz-Nit.
I would eat turkey chili!!!! at gun point.....
Ed
Not sure how to reply. Considering the wife and I are on WW this is one of the compromises on what I can cook and eat. It's actually quite good but I won't pull a gun on you.
4 bean turkey chili... just wrong on several levels.

Nevermind. I just noticed you're in California. :wink:
Another not sure how to reply. Please see my reply above.

That looks delicious! I will hit chili pretty much any way you can serve it. Very nice dish!

Thank you Poppy. Lady is a Black German Shepard and Akita mix. She will be 2 in November.

Ahh, that explains why she looks younger then she is. I had a Rottweiler Shepard mix, and she looked like a puppy even at 5 years old. She had the colors and jaw of a rotty, but the slim body, sharp teeth, and smarts of a Shepard. One of the best lovable and trainable dogs i have ever had. She destroyed every toy we could buy due to her jaw and teeth. We had to buy industructible toys with warrantys so we could afford to keep her occupied.

Back